Chapter 66

Chapter 66

Harry’s POV

I started to slow down my driving, and drove closer to the person who was standing under the streetlight. It wasn’t until I stopped my car and leaned over the console in the middle of the two seats so that I could see better, that I realized it was Gabrielle who was standing on the sidewalk. It bothered me that she was out here all by herself at night, so I hoped she had a good for being out here so late.

Considering that she even was out here, and how she was when she was on the phone with me, I’m pretty sure that she probably had a good reason.

I pulled up as close as I could to the sidewalk where she was, and before I could even get out of my car to walk over to her, she was already walking over to the passenger side of the car. She tugged on the handle once she was at the door, when it didn’t open I realized that I still had the door locked. I press the button that unlocked all the doors, and she got into the seat.

I waiting until she was buckled and I started driving until I asked her what was going on.

“My dad found out,” she said to me before I could ask her anything, it was pretty obvious that I was curious as to what was going on right now.

“Oh,” I said the small word without really realizing it, and I figured I should probably say more.

“What happened, how did he find out?” I added on.

“Bella’s mom told him this morning but he waited until tonight to talk to me about it,” she said to me, and she sniffed a bit.

I was glad to see that it had looked like she pretty much stopped crying between the time that I was on the phone with her and now.

“He was just yelling and shouting at me, not giving me any chance to say anything. I tried to get him to listen to me, but he told me that I shouldn’t even bother telling him my side to this because it wasn’t going to change his thoughts one bit,” she told me, and I understood that she didn’t want to go all into full detail of what happened right now, and that I was fine, I just wanted to be sure she was okay.

“I’d had enough of it all so I just left,” she added on.

“So how are you then? Are you okay? Angry? Sad?” I asked her after a few moments of silence.

“Yes,” was her answer, and I took that to mean that she felt all three.

“So what now?” I asked as I realized that it was pretty late. “I don’t want to go back home tonight,” she told me.

“Do you want to stay at my aunt’s house then? I think she’d be okay with it,” I suggested, I was naturally already going the route back to my aunts house, but I wasn’t sure of her plan of what to do for the night.

“Okay,” she said and she leaned her head against the window when I thought occurred to me.

“What are you going to do about your skating practice tomorrow if all your stuff is at home?”

“I guess I’ll just skip then,” she said like it was no big deal.

“I wouldn’t recommend that you skip,” I told her.

“I guess I could just rent some skates and wear what I am currently wearing,” she said, and I glanced over to see what she was wearing since I really hadn’t paid attention since there were obviously more important things to think about and notice right now.

She was wearing a shirt that was maybe a size to big for her, and a pair of sweats.

“Seems doable,” I told her, it wasn’t the worst thing that she could wear to skate in.

I sometimes wore sweat pants, but then again our two sports are completely different in what they accomplish. The rest of the drive was pretty silent, I hated it because I really didn’t want Gabrielle to just be trapped with her thoughts right now, but I had now clue what to say to her right now.

I wanted to know more about what all happened, but I didn’t want her to feel like she had to talk about it with me right now if she didn’t want to. I’d probably have to wait until tomorrow maybe to talk to her more in depth about all this. I soon drove up to my aunt’s house, and I parked my car in my normal spot, and then unlocked the doors for us to get out.

I waited for Gabrielle before walking up the steps to the front door. She had her arms wrapped around herself, her short sleeve shirt leaving most of her arms bare as the cold wind began to start. I didn’t think about how cold it might’ve been outside when Gabrielle was on the sidewalk. I wished I would had turned the heat up in my car a bit more than I did just in case the cold wind had been blowing then.

To make up for it, I took my jacket off and put it around her before we walked up the few steps to the porch. I unlocked the front door and Gabrielle followed in behind me.

“Finally decided to come back,” my aunt said as I was opening the kitchen door, already scolding me for leaving before I was even fully in the kitchen.

I knew she had more to say to me, but she paused when she saw Gabrielle walking into the kitchen behind me. She had taken off my jacket and was now just holding it in her hands.

“You brought company,” my aunt said with a smile on her face.

I was glad that she liked Gabrielle or else this would not have gone down to well. She seemed to have forgotten that I had walked out of the house when she told me not to and she was now focused on Gabrielle.

“I wasn’t expecting Harry to be bringing you over,” she said, walking over to Gabrielle now,

“It is getting late, does your dad know that you are here, or where does he think you are?” she asked her.

“I don’t think he really cares right now,” Gabrielle answered, and my aunt just nodded but I knew this wasn’t the end of this conversation.

Without thinking I went ahead and blurted out that her dad found out about us. I didn’t care at the moment if Gabrielle had wanted me to say anything or not. My aunt was bound to ask what was going on, this was her house and if Gabrielle is going to stay here she has a right to know what was going on.

Luckily my aunt didn’t pressure Gabrielle to talk and explain more about this to her, understanding that things must be bad between her and her dad right now if she doesn’t want to be at her house.

“Can she stay here, just for tonight?” I asked.

My aunt thought about it for a second, “I suppose that would be all right, I’ll go get the guest room ready for you,” she told us and then headed out of the kitchen.

I silently gave my aunt a small laugh as she left; I knew she wasn’t going to have Gabrielle stay in my room, out of worry.

She came back into the kitchen a few minutes later, “Okay, the guest room is ready for you and the bathroom is just down the hall, you can’t miss it. Do you need anything else because I’m fixing to head to bed soon,”

“I’m fine, thank you,” Gabrielle said and smiled politely at her.

“And will you be going to your skating practice tomorrow?” she asked her, and Gabrielle nodded.

“Okay, then Harry make sure you have an alarm set sense you will have to wake up earlier to take her there,” she said to me.

“Got it,” I said back, and she told both of us goodnight before heading off to her own room.