Chapter 86

Chapter 86

Gabrielle’s POV

After I had run out of the rink, I ran into Bella who was waiting just outside the door.

“Well it took you long enough,” she said as she drew her eyes away from her phone and put it back into her pocket.

“Whatever can we just leave,” I told her, not wanting to make eye contact with her because I really wasn’t ready to tell her what had happened yet.

I had been expecting to tell her right now though since I kept telling myself that when I was breaking up with Harry, I needed to stay strong and not let my emotions get the best of me. And that is the complete opposite of what happened. This was harder than I really thought it was going to be and I was pretty upset about it, so once I gave myself a little while to get over it, I would tell her.

So I’d probably just tell her when she came to pick me up tomorrow morning, and I might tell my dad tonight. I kept feeling like I shouldn’t be the one upset since I was the one who set this into stone, but I guess I couldn’t help but want to curl up and cry since I really didn’t want to do this.

I wished I had gotten a chance to tell Harry that because he was so distracted yesterday, I got locked out of my house and stuck in the freezing cold, and he wasn’t there to know. I also wanted to ask him why he was in such a hurry yesterday, but I knew that asking both of those questions wouldn’t matter anyway and I would just have to stay in there longer when I had really wanted to just leave after I told him what I needed to. He kept trying to reason we with about how we could work through all this and other crap.

I wasn’t sure if he had actually meant it though or if he was just saying all that just to get me to change my mind right now. Either way though I guess it didn’t really matter because nothing he said was going to make a difference, I was trying my best just to tune him out, but I couldn’t. I felt the need to come back with a response to a few of the things that he said to me.

I had finally found a moment though where I could get in. That was when I had left the rink and went to the lobby where I now am with Bella. I had already started walking to the exit of the building, and Bella quickly caught up with me.

“What happened?” Bella asked me once she was outside standing next to me as we waited for her mom to come.

“I’ll tell you later,” I said to her, and I could tell that she was about to say something else, but judging by the tone of my voice I’m guessing, she quit talking about it.

So we both just stood in silence as we waited for the Bella’s mom.

After a few more minutes passed, I saw a familiar car driving into the parking lot and stopping in front of where Bella and I were standing. I sighed as I stepped off the sidewalk and onto the road where she was parked, and got into the car.

“So how was both of your skating today?” Bella’s mom asked us as she put the car in drive and began to make her way out of the lot. I knew that Bella was about to answer her question, but she was cut off when her mom slammed on the brakes.

“Whoa,” I heard myself say.

“What was that?” Bella asked.

Our question was soon answered when we saw someone running across the street. Bella and I both continued to watch the person who had appeared out of nowhere.

“Is that…Harry?” Bella said.

It took me a few moments to realize it, since we here seeing up from the back right now and as a surprising blur when he ran in front of us just seconds ago.

“I think so,” I said a bit quieter than I intended to.

“Well whoever it was is crazy, he’s lucky I stopped or he would’ve been hit,” Bella’s mom said as she began to start back up her driving.

I continued to look over where Harry was getting into the car that I had been in so many times. He slammed the door as he got in, and then I saw his car start up. I finally made myself look away after watching for so long, I couldn’t stand to watch any longer.

“I wonder what his deal his,” Bella said as her mom drove out of the lot.

I noticed Bella turn to look at me for a few seconds like she’s expecting me to say something since she has a strong feeling that I know what is up with Harry right now. I just shrugged at her, trying to signal to her what I had told her earlier when we were walking outside, that I would tell her later. It was no surprise that the rest of the drive back to my house was pretty silent, it usually is these days.

Bella of course had to tell her mom about her skating today, although I wasn’t sure why she felt the need to. Her mom drove up here to watch her skate for a bit and then went back to work.

I’m lucky if my dad even bothers to ask me how my practice went. He used to do it all the time back when he would drive down during his lunch break a couple of days a week, not anymore though. Hell I’m lucky if he even acknowledged me anymore if it isn’t to yell at me or get mad at me about something or blame for something, and god knows what else.

We soon made it back to my house, and I got out of the car, same routine everyday. The only change was this time both Bella and her mom had bothered to actually say bye to me this time, I was almost sure that they did that the other day too. I said bye back to them before getting out of the car and walking up to my front porch.

When I got inside my house, I threw my bag on the floor and lay down on the couch. Normally I would be getting something to eat from the kitchen but I just wasn’t up for it right now, I wasn’t as hungry as I thought I was going to be when I got home.

As I was lying down on the couch, I was actually sort of wanting my dad to come home now so I wouldn’t be as stuck with my thoughts as I am now. I couldn’t stop thinking about Harry in the parking lot earlier. He seemed in such a rush to leave, I mean he even skipped his practice. I knew when my dad did come home though I would probably be wishing that he were back at work.