Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Gabrielle’s POV

I took my skates off for the second time today and made my way back to the lobby as I left the community rink. I had gotten bored of just sitting on the couch, so I had decided to suck it up and deal with the people at the community rink.

The time I spent there consisted of jealous glares from teenage girls, and almost tripping over younger kids who would just pop up out of no where as I was skating. I had finally decided I’d had enough and just got off the rink.

Once I was in the lobby again, I went to sit back down on the couch I had been at earlier. I took out my phone to check the time, and I groaned when I saw that I had only killed about an hour and fifteen minutes of time.

I still couldn’t believe that I was basically trapped here until my dad got off work. I had tried to keep my annoyance with Bella on the down low, because I knew it really wasn’t her fault or her mom’s, but it still bothered me.

I figured I’d just go to the snack bar for now and get something to eat. I went up to the snack bar, and got in line with the many other people who desired to get some food right now.

Waiting in the line killed about fifteen minutes of time, and ordering and waiting for my food another five. There were a lot of people at the snack bar, whether they were just standing at the side waiting for food, or the were actually in line. I guess it worked in my favor this time though because it helped me kill about twenty minutes of time, so I’d almost been waiting here two hours.

I took the hamburger I ordered, and went to find an empty table. It took me a few moments to find one that wasn’t occupied by people or had trash all over the top of it. I eventually found a table from people who were just getting up from it.

Another good thing about having to wait at the rink is that I can pretty much eat whatever I want right now. My dad would throw down if he knew that I was eating a greasy hamburger from the rink snack bar. I ignored the pestering voice in the back of my head telling me I probably shouldn’t be eating this, and took a bite of the hamburger, because it’s not like I’ll ever get to have one of these again.

Once I finished it, I took a big gulp of water, and then went to throw my trash away. I couldn’t think of anything else to do for the moment, so I just went back to the couch and relax for a bit. I took out my phone to see that I had a text from my dad telling me that he couldn’t get off work early. I sighed, and just put my phone back in my back as I rested my head against the back of the couch.

Harry’s POV

After we had finished practice today, for once here I was actually pretty worn out. Today the coach was here with us, Zack had told me he was out of town for some family event and that’s why he hadn’t been here since I’d gotten here.

As we were all walking out of the rink and too the locker rooms, I looked over at the lounge area and saw Gabrielle sitting on one of the couches, she looked like she had fallen asleep or something, but I couldn’t really tell from the distance I was away from her. I took her attention away from her though and continued to go with the rest of the team to the locker rooms.

As everyone was showering and everything, I sat down on the bench and changed into the pair of clothes I brought. I changed pretty quickly, trying to avoid another awkward discussion about my tattoos. The other day Colby had noticed I had more tattoos on my arms, and that I had some on my chest and began to ask me about them, and it was a pretty weird conversation compared to the one I had had with Adam.

Once I was changed, I put my hockey clothes into my bag, and zipped it up. I sat down on the bench, and I leaned my back against the wall of lockers. I soon realized that I had to go to the buffet after this, and frankly I really wasn’t up for it right now.