Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Gabrielle’s POV

I had been skating for a while now, and when I got off the ice to take a short break and get some water, I checked my phone as I was doing so, and saw that my skating time was almost up. I decided that I would skate for just a few more minutes and then quickly get off the rink so I could hurry and get my skates off before the hockey guys came in.

I set my water bottle back down on the bleacher, and then balanced my skate blades as I walked back to the ice. I went through my routine a couple more times before I heard the doors to my rink being open. Instict caused me to quickly look straight at the door the hockey players always come through, but when I saw it still closed, I turned around and saw that it was just Bella coming in from her rink, meaning her practice time was up.

“Hey girl,” she said as she walked over to the bleachers and set her bag down next to mine once she was there.

“Hey,” I said back to her and then began to skate over to the border of the rink so I could step off it.

“Why are you getting off the rink already?” she asked me as I walked over to where she was sitting.

“I just want get my skates off and packed so we can be out of here before the hockey guys come,” I told her.

“Wow, you’re usually not the one whose eager to get out before they come,” Bella said to me.

“Well, I mean since Harry’s will be coming in I don’t want it to be awkward for you,” I told her, coming up with something off the top of my head, and it was the first time that I thought of something quickly that was actually a decent response.

“Oh don’t worry about me, I was kind of wanting to put that douche in his place,” she told me, and I wasn’t sure if she was joking or being serious about doing that today.

“Well you wouldn’t want to do that now, unless you want the hockey team to know that you went on a date with him,” I told her, just to be safe in case she was serious about what she said, and I was thinking that she kind of was.

“True, I forgot about that, but I still have some things that I thought of to say to all of those douches,” she said.

“How about you just save them for another time then, I’d rather not start out being back on a bad side with them,” I told her, trying to add a light tone to my voice.

I knew whether she insulted them or not, it wouldn’t matter, but they were already going to hate me, and Harry, when coach told them about Harry and I so I’d rather not have Bella pick a fight with them today.

“Oh Gabi, we’ll always be on their bad side, no matter what we do. Just like they’ll always be on our bad side as well,” Bella said with a smile.

I let out a huff as I finally began to take my skates off since talking to Bella had been distracting me from doing it already. It was starting to get to me and annoy me now that I didn’t know if coach had told anyone yet. For the past few hours I’ve been skating in my own little world, just a bubble that shielded me from everyone else and all my stress and worried.

Now that I was back in the real world, my worries were coming at me more than ever since I had gone so long now without thinking about them. I knew that coach was most likely here by now. I knew that sometimes he got here later than the guys, but today for sure I had a feeling he was going to be here early.

If I’m in here still when they all come in here, my question would be answered about whether or not he told Harry’s teammates, and if he did I’m sure Harry is the one who is Harry a mouthful from them. I wasn’t exactly sure if I wanted to be in here to find out, or if I just wanted to leave and have Harry tell me later if coach said anything.

Either way I’d have to face it tomorrow since world would’ve most likely gotten around by then, so I might as well get used to it now. I just went ahead and continued to unlace my skates and if they came in as I was doing so, then so be it.

After I had finished untangling and untying the giant knot that became of my laces on my left skate, I slid it off my foot and out it in my bag after putting the blade protector on it. Just as I began to untie my other skate, I heard the doors to the rink being opened, and since Bella was already in here, there was really only one other option of who was coming in. I slowly looked up and saw all the hockey guys walking in.

I also noticed that their coach was coming in with them, and I was pretty sure that wasn’t a good sign since he is almost never here when they come in. I decided just to ignore them and not make eye contact with any of them and hopefully they wouldn’t notice me here.

I tried to focus on untying my skate, but I couldn’t help but listen to the ridiculous rambling and complaining that was coming from Zack as he was looking at what all was updated and renovated.

I wanted to go over there and tell him that he should just be happy that they even did some type of renovation since he was the one who wouldn’t shut up about it until they finally did it.

As always though, I kept my mouth shut since I was no good in arguments like that like Bella was, also I didn’t want them to notice me, although I knew they would at some point. I was just happy Bella hadn’t said anything to any of them yet. Just as I had almost got the knot on my skate untangled, I noticed a new presence standing in front of me.

At first I was thinking it was Harry, but then I realized that it’d be stupid of him to come up to me right now, even more so since Bella was with me. I looked up and saw Zack and Adam standing in front of me, one with a smirk and one with a scowl on their face.