Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Harry’s POV

I had skated at the community rink for a while, but I soon decided just to stop. The few people who were skating there kept giving me a few weird looks. It felt like they knew I wasn’t from this country. I felt like they knew that I was originally on a team for a different country.

That conversation with my aunt had really been making me paranoid, and I wasn’t really sure why. I finally resulted to that they people were just looking at me because they seemed to be beginners at skating, and there I was just skating all over the rink. I had soon taken my skates off and just headed back to the lobby.

After I had been waiting in the lobby for a while, I noticed one of the guys that I was pretty sure was on my team walking in. I was tempted to maybe wave him over here, but I wasn’t really sure if he really even knew who I was, plus I didn’t even know his name so it might be hard to get his attention. I took my attention back away from him and began just looking at my hands like I have been doing prior to seeing a somewhat familiar face.

I was still trying to get what my aunt and I had been talking about out of my head, but it still wasn’t working very well. I was still thinking about maybe bringing it up to Zack or Adam. Most likely Adam though because Zack seems to be the one who has the biggest problem with the girls. I was also trying to come up with a way to maybe bring it up and think of what I might want to say. I was soon brought out of my thoughts though when I noticed someone sitting down on the couch in front of the one I was sitting on. I looked up from looking at my hands and noticed it was the guy from my team that I had just noticed arrive at the building.

“Hey Harry,” I heard him say once he realized that his presence had gotten my attention.

“Hey,” I said, still not knowing his name.

“Glad I’m not the only one who gets to the rink early,” he told me,

“How long have you been here?”

“Maybe an hour, or less,” I answered.

“Why’d you get here so early?” he asked me.

“I don’t know, I got here a bit earlier than I expected,” I told him.

“Okay, well I’m going to head over to the locker room to put my stuff up, I’ll catch you later,” he told me and got up from the couch before I could say anything else.

I was thinking of using that time to ask him about the figure skaters. I figured it would’ve been okay to ask him about it, even though I hardly knew him. Even though it would be easier to ask someone I already knew well instead of him, I’d rather not mess up the somewhat friendship I have with a few of my teammates.

After the guy on my team had left, I looked down at the watch on my wrist to check the tie. There was around twenty-five more minutes until the rest of the team got here, and at least thirty-five more minutes until practice actually started. Zack liked everyone to get here around ten or fifteen minutes early do that everyone would have time to get their skates on and put their stuff in the locker room, at least that’s what he had told me. Those twenty-five minutes of waiting for everyone to arrive passed by rather slowly.

The guy who had come early still hadn’t come out from the locker room. So he’s either just waiting for everyone to arrive there, he had something to do, or her just doesn’t want to come back out here. For the sake of my self-esteem, I decided to go with the first or second option.

I waited for a few more minutes, until I finally noticed some of the guys from the team walking in through the entrance doors. Once I realized they were all walking in the direction of the locker room, I got up from where I was sitting on the couch and went to join them.