Chapter 62

Chapter 62

Harry’s POV

As I was driving to the rink, I did the same thing I had done when I was going to pick up Gabrielle for my aunt to meet her, I made sure I hit every red light, and I stopped whenever possible.

The only difference between the two situations being that in the end I really didn’t have anything to worry about when I was taking Gabrielle to my aunt’s house, but this time I actually did have something to worry about and that was dealing with my team and coach.

I’m sure by now coach has probably told a good amount of people by now, so I’m guessing I might have a few more people that I would be worrying about.

Surely not too many people would say anything to me right now since it’s just getting spread around, but then again this might piss some people off and some might want to let me know how they felt about everything.

I eventually ran out of places to stop my car once I began to arrive at the rink. I went ahead and pulled into the parking lot and of course parked as far back as I could. I checked the time once I had parked my car and I knew that I probably should start heading inside.

I grabbed my hockey bag from the passenger seat where I had set it, and began my same routine as yesterday, walking into the rink not knowing what to expect but only expecting the worst.

As I walked inside the building, I felt a few peoples eyes on my, but I wasn’t bothering to look around me to see if my thinking was right. I didn’t want to know if people were looking at me because they I already knew. I didn’t care what the reason, I just continued to walk straight ahead to the locker room and didn’t let the random people in the lobby get to me.

Normally the thoughts of strangers here wouldn’t bother me, but now for some reason it was all I could think about and worry about.

Today when I walked into the locker room, everyone wasn’t already there like they were yesterday. There were just a few of the guys in there, waiting for everyone else to show up. I was so tempted just to leave or go to the rink already since Gabrielle was in there right now, but I knew that I couldn’t avoid this situation forever so I might as well face it now.

Plus Bella was probably in Gabrielle’s rink by now and I’d rather not have to add to deal with her again today.

I apologized to her and everything, but I wasn’t sure if she forgave me, or even cared about what I had said to her.

Luckily Zack wasn’t here yet so I didn’t have to listen to his stupid comments to me for at least another few minutes. The only guys on my team that were here right now were the ones that either didn’t care enough to say anything to me, or they would just glare or scowl when they saw me.

Adam was here, but he really had nothing to say to me unless Zack was here.

I’ve noticed that he really only goes along with saying stupid comments to me or being mad at me, or getting involved in those stupid arguments the arguments that Bella with start with us hockey players, whenever Zack was around. Whenever Zack wasn’t here, he pretty much just went along with his own business and didn’t worry about anything else.

I honestly don’t think that he is really too mad at me like Zack was, but he told Zack that, he obviously wouldn’t be happy and then he would probably dislike both of us. I hated that Adam seemed to be so desperate to fit in that he was willing to do almost anything to stay on Zack’s good side, even if it meant ruining a friendship with someone else on the team.

I thought that Adam and I were starting to become pretty good friends, and I was starting to think that maybe this team would work out for me and that I’d enjoy hanging out with all of them like I did with my team back in England. But then coach had to go and ruin it all, and now I don’t think I’ll ever be anywhere else to becoming better friends with anyone on the team.

They’re all so worried about Zack deciding that he wasn’t going to acknowledge anyone who side with me anymore if someone did that, but of course nobody was going to. Coach telling everyone about Gabrielle and I was not only ruining both of our reputations to people here and what they thought about us, it was ruining the friendships we had, or were developing with people here.

Gabrielle might’ve lost her best friend, they’ve been friends for I don’t know how long, I think Gabrielle might’ve said close to ten years they’ve known each other and skated together. I knew it was not going to be easy for Gabrielle to get Bella to forgive her and be okay with all this, especially considering how stubborn Bella could get according to Gabrielle.

The whole thing with the date and Bella telling Gabrielle that she liked me and she didn’t tell Bella anything about us, and that was a perfect time for her to if she wanted to, added another thing that Bella was angry at Gabrielle for. Hopefully she had blamed me more for the whole date thing since I was the one who went along with acting like a jerk.

I’d like it if there was one less thing that Bella was mad at Gabrielle for. I had been so lost in my thoughts for while that I hadn’t noticed that almost everyone was here in the locker room now.

Zack was just now walking in so that explained why I hadn’t been brought out of my thoughts earlier by him talking to me.

Coach followed in behind him shortly after and began to go over what his goal was for us to do during practice today.

Once he finished with that, we all began to leave the locker room and headed to the rink for practice. I was praying that maybe Zack had let some of this situation pass and just put it behind him for the most part that he would be continuously knocking me down onto the ice again today. I knew that if he did though, coach sure as hell wasn’t going to stop him or bother to say anything about.