Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Harry’s POV

“Was that your girlfriend?” my aunt asked me after I had hung up the phone and walked back into the kitchen where she was.

“She’s not my girlfriend,” I told her for probably the hundredth time now.

“Okay well, was that that girl who you like,” she said, and I decided just to go with her choice of words and I just nodded in response.

“Why’d she call the home phone?” she asked.

“Um, I don’t know,” I lied.

I didn’t really want to say that she’s gotten her phone taken away because then there is the slight chance that she might ask why, and I’d rather not have to explain that she got it taken away because she came home late from being with me. That could possibly cause more problems than it needed to.

“Well what did she want?” she asked, trying to stay as serious as she could right now.

“She wanted me to come over,” I answered as I grabbed my keys off the counter.

“You going to the mystery girl’s house then?” she clarified.

“Yep,” I answered.

“Are you ready to tell me who she is?” she asked me, the only other question that she has asked as much as the one about her being my girlfriend.

“No, I’m good,” I said as I walked towards the front door where I had left my shoes yesterday, my aunt followed me as I left the kitchen.

“Okay, well watch your back while you’re driving, I may just start following you to her house,” she joked as I slipped a shoe on my foot.

“Ha Ha,” I said sarcastically once I had both shoes on.

“Well have fun,” she told me,

“And don’t stay out too late, okay?” she added once I opened the front door.

“Got it,” I said, and left the house and went to the driveway.

My aunt didn’t have to worry about me getting home late because I was going to pay extra close attention to what time it is while I’m at Gabrielle’s house. I unlocked my car and got in before heading out of this small neighborhood and driving myself to Gabrielle’s big neighborhood.

As I was driving, I would occasionally check behind me to make sure my aunt’s car was nowhere in sight. I knew she was just joking when she said she’d follow me, but I could never be to safe.

After a few minutes passed, I was just about to make the turn that led onto Gabrielle’s street.

Once I did I remembered that Gabrielle wanted me to park a few house down from where I normally parked. I parked my car and then got out and headed over to her house.

As I was walking on the sidewalk, I took my phone out a sent Gabrielle a text telling her that I was walking up to her house so she’d know I was here already. As I was walking up her driveway, she still hadn’t texted me back so I guess it was safe for me to come up to the door. I rang her doorbell, and I few moments later Gabrielle opened the door, fully dressed in jeans and one of the shirts she bought yesterday.

“Hey,” she said once she had opened the door.

“Hey,” I said back as she opened the door more and stepped out of the way so I could walk in.

“I sent you a text a few minutes ago, don’t know if you got it or not,” I felt the need to say as I walked in, because I was used to her answering my texts when I had arrived at her house so she could tell me if there was some reason why I couldn’t come in yet or something.