Chapter 88

Chapter 88

Harry’s POV

It had been almost a week since Gabrielle broke up with me, and I hated to say that pretty much nothing was getting better for me. I guess it was a good thing though that nothing was getting worse as far as I knew. I of course complained to my aunt about this, but she said that it was going to take more than a week for me to get over this and for things to get better for me.

Surprisingly word hadn't spread around the rink yet that Gabrielle and I broke up. I mean there were a number of people who knew, but I was surprised that it wasn’t spreading as quickly as it had when people found out we here together. I guess considering that coach isn’t involved with the telling of this, and it probably isn’t as interesting. I had been skipping a lot more practice than I really should’ve this week.

After I had skipped on the day Gabrielle broke up with me, and then the day after that, my aunt was starting to get a bit irritated.

So the next day of that week she basically kicked me out of the house, but I just sat at a nearby coffee shop until it was time to head back home. I felt bad about doing that so for the two days I actually went to practice. That day was filled with everyone asking me where I had been and then a short lecture from coach. I didn’t talk to anyone though. I skipped again the day after that, and now I was deciding if I should go today or not, I probably should though. I was really beginning to get mad at myself for skipping so much. I just can’t go; I just can’t bring myself to it anymore.

One of the days I went back, Gabrielle and Bella had already left the rink, but the day after that we were walking in just as the two of them were walking out, and it was just to much for me to see her. I just wanted to lie on the ground and die, but I kept trying to convince myself that if I could get back into hockey and focus on playing, then my thoughts of Gabrielle will begin to lessen.

I knew I pretty much had to go today though because my aunt told me yesterday that coach called her to ask what’s been going on with me. He wasn’t happy that I had been skipping, even missing one day is enough to make up mad especially since I hadn’t been giving him an explanation, and the reason I had wasn’t going to make this okay, he’d probably be even angrier once he finds out that I’ve been skipping because I’ve just been moping around about Gabrielle.

My aunt told me that she was going to tell him about what happened just so he would stop asking. I really didn’t care if she told him or not, all it was going to do was make word about the breakup spread faster now that coach would know, and I’m actually okay with that.

Maybe if more people knew I would stop getting weird looks and glares and shit. I knew that coach wouldn’t be happy with the fact that that was why I was missing practice though because I that to him that was definitely not going to be a legitimate excuse for missing so much practice, and I couldn’t say that I would disagree with him.

Even though he doesn’t really like me, he does need me on the team though because, not to sound cocky or anything, I was one of the best players on the team, and the team probably wouldn’t thrive as much without me. I was kind of at the point though where even though I was on this team, I didn’t care how good we got or how many competitions we might win, I was pretty pissed off with the majority of the team, as were they with me.

My aunt had Ben come into my room this morning to wake me up. I was pretty sure she told him to jump around on my bed and tell me straight into my ear to get as many times as he could, because that is what he did. I couldn’t make myself get up though, I just didn’t want to even though I knew that I needed to.

My aunt had eventually come into my room though, and together they pulled me out of my bed until my body hit the ground.

“You have ten minutes to get ready,” I heard my aunt say as her and Ben left my room.

I let out a groan, which sounded muffled since my face was pressed against the carpet. I felt like I was back in middle school when I refused to wake up to my alarm and my mum always came in to get me up when I only had five or ten minutes until the bus would come.

I eventually got myself up from the floor and threw on a shirt before heading down the hall to the bathroom. I wasn’t in the mood to put an effort into my appearance today so all I did was brush my teeth and then I walked out of the bathroom.

Once I grabbed my hockey bag that was back in my room, I walked out to the kitchen where I knew my aunt and Ben were. I stepped into the kitchen and tossed my bag onto the ground as I sat down on the barstool.

“Eat quickly,” my aunt said as she placed a plate of pancakes in front of me.

“Not hungry,” I told her and pushed the plate over to Ben.

Excitement took over Ben’s face as he grabbed a fork to eat the extra breakfast he was given. Just as he was about to jam his fork into the pancakes, his mum picked up the plate and placed it back in front of me.

“Eat,” she demanded.

I once again gave it back to Ben, and she just sighed, deciding just to give up already.

“I’m going to go,” I mumbled and walked out of the kitchen.

I heard my aunt’s voice as I was walking out but I didn’t bother to have her repeat what she said when I didn’t hear it the first time. She should be happy I was going to go to practice today. I wasn’t looking forward to all the questions I’m probably going to be getting for not being there very much this week.

My plan was to just ignore everyone today since I didn’t even want to be there I might as well pretend they aren’t there.

When I got into my car, I threw my bag onto the passenger seat as always and started up the car.

As I had begun to drive out of the neighborhood, I turned the radio on and turned the volume up probably three times higher than what I usually had it on, anything to help drown out my thoughts for as long as I could.