Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Harry’s POV

After my aunt had gotten home from her date, I bombarded her with questions, probably the exact way she did to me. The only difference being she wasn’t answering even one, and I wasn’t squealing like a teenage girl like she was when I was in her place right now. I kept pestering her with different questions, but all she would tell me was that the date went great, and then she added that they planned a second date. I didn’t understand why she was so resistant to telling me any information.

At first I thought it was maybe because I wouldn’t tell her anything about Gabrielle, but the way she was dodging my questions, it seemed like she really didn’t want to say anything about the date. She kept saying it went great though so I didn’t understand why she didn’t want to talk about.

After my first date with Gabrielle when I was all smiley and giddy all I really wanted to do was talk about it, but I had to be careful with what I said because I didn’t want anything specific about Gabrielle to slip out. Whereas she didn’t have to be careful she could just ramble on as much as she wanted, but she wouldn’t. I finally let it go, after she promised me that she’d talk more with be about it in the morning.

Although I wasn’t sure if it was true, I decided just to agree and let her head to bed. I knew if she was going to talk about it with me tomorrow she was going to keep it short and sweet because Ben would be in the room with us.

Even if she did tell Ben that she was going on a date, I’m sure she wouldn’t really want him to hear how the date went and everything because who knows how Ben will react to hearing everything. I don’t even know if he want’s his mom to date or not. He could be one of those kids that don’t want their parents to get in any other relationships now that their birth parent is gone.

Ben is a pretty laid back kid so I don’t know if he’ll be like that or not because who knows what going on in that little head of his.

As it got later I realized that I was the only one who hadn’t gone to bed and was sitting in the living room. I turned the TV off that I almost didn’t remember was on because I had it on mute, and then got up from the couch. I was basically already ready for bed, all I really had to do was get out of the jeans I was wearing, take my contacts out, brush my teeth, all the stuff, so I guess I wasn’t completely ready to go to sleep.

Once I had completely done everything I needed too, I turned off the lights and made my way over to my bed, attempting to find it in the dark.

Once I bumped into it I quickly got on it as if it might disappear if I didn’t. I got under the covers and lay down and once my head hit the pillow, I was asleep.

•••

When I woke up the next morning I realized that I had woken up on my own, no Ben, no alarm clock. I hoped that I didn’t sleep so late that I slept through my alarm clock, because I just figured my aunt wouldn’t let Ben come in again and wake me up.

When I sat up to grab my phone and check the time I realized that I actually woke up earlier than I usually did. Not being able to go back to sleep I decided that I’d just go ahead and wake up, hoping that maybe I could take to my aunt a bit before Ben gets up.

My aunt usually wakes up early so I’m guessing that she should be awake by now. I grabbed my phone and then headed out of my room and down out the hall into the kitchen. Sure enough I saw my aunt with the griddle out pouring pancake batter onto it.

“Well you’re sure up early,” she once she saw me.

“I believe you have some information to inform me of,” I smiled as I sat down on the barstool, not letting her get off the hook so quickly with the subject like I knew she was hoping.