Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Harry’s POV

When I had driven up to the house just a few minutes ago, the thought completely slipped my mind that my aunt had told me she would in charge of the driving since my coach’s car was in the repair shop. I had grown to just seeing his car in the driveway when he was here, and having my aunt’s car be the only one in the driveway was a normal sight that I didn’t think twice about. I was so focused on getting in the house before they drove up and came inside, that I didn’t realize and remember the completely clear information that my aunt had given me just last night.

Since I had forgotten the information that she told me, I was now standing in the living room with Gabrielle standing next to me as my aunt and my coach both sat on the couch, heads turned towards us as they continued to just look at the two of us. Neither of them said anything, but the looks on their faces told me enough of what was going through their minds right now.

They both had shocked and wide eyed expressions, but my aunt’s was mostly because her hockey playing nephew was standing in the living room with a figure skater with my coach who I’m guessing is a part of the feud, sitting on her coach. I’m guessing what my coach is mostly thinking right now is why the hell a figure skater is in the living room of a house that a hockey player is living at.

As nervous as I was right now about what my coach was going to say, I was just as nervous for my aunt too because she knew that I was dating a figure skater and she never told him or said anything, so I wasn’t sure how he was going to react to this situation towards her, and then towards me and Gabrielle.

“Hello Harry,” my coach said after taking a few moments to register all this,

“Gabrielle,” he added, with a bit of a stern told to his voice.

Gabrielle just bit her lip and gave him a small nod as the two of us just continued to stand in the living room, waiting for some type of reaction from him. This silence was killing me and I was at the point of wishing he would just lash out on us right now, or at least do something besides stay quiet right now.

Obviously my aunt really had no idea what to say right now so she was leaving it up to coach. She couldn’t act like she had no idea about us, and she didn’t want him to know that she knew, so her not talking was probably best right now.

“May I ask why you are here right now Gabrielle?” coach asked her.

She turned to look at me for a second before turning back to face him. She was probably hoping that I would come up with some kind, any kind of answer to give him, but I had nothing.

“Um,” she hesitated for a second,

“I just wanted to see Tammy and Ben, ever since Tammy stopped working at the rink I just missed seeing her,” she managed to get out, probably just saying the first idea that came to mind.

“Hmm, and Harry was just conveniently in your neighborhood to come pick you up and bring you here?” he asked, and when I looked over at Gabrielle I could tell she was a bit worried now.

When she had given the answer as to why she was here she really never considered the little details that showed she was lying.

“I guess…” was what she answered with.

“Okay now why don’t you tell me the real reason that you are here,” he was standing up now and was voice was getting more stern and demanding.

“I wanted to come over so Harry came and picked me up,” she answered, her voice was slightly trembling, showing one reason why she didn’t want to tell her dad about us, she hates being scolded, being yelled at, and getting in any type of trouble in general.