Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Gabrielle’s POV

I sat on the couch in the living room and tried to relax myself by watching some TV for a while before my dad came home. I was continuously tapping my foot to the ground, probably from the moment that I had sat down.

I hadn’t noticed it much though until I heard the faint sound of a car driving up into the driveway of the house. I was kind of expecting him to burst through the door any minute now and just let me have, let me know exactly what he thought about all this. I also had a slight feeling, considering this morning events, that he might start off calm about this whole ordeal.

Either way though, he would probably start yelling at me and letting me knowing how not okay he was with this in the end.

A small part of me wondered if he even actually knew about Harry and I yet. All the signs were there that he did know, but no one has specifically told me anything about what he knows or not. Surely he couldn’t have been that calm this morning if he knew the truth.

Then again it was only obvious that he knew, I wasn’t sure what else there was for him to be mad at me for.

When I heard the keys being pushed into the lock, I turned off the TV and quickly made my way to the kitchen. He was going to go to the kitchen first anyway so I might as well be in there already so that we can just get this over with.

I took a deep breath when I heard the front door finally opening and then shutting moments after. I heard my dad’s footsteps across the wood flooring as he made his way into the kitchen.

My nervousness growing with each step I heard, the louder the step, the more my worry grew. The footsteps stopped, and now the door to the kitchen was beginning to open. I smiled at my dad as he came in, and he didn’t even bother to even try to manage a smile back at me.

“Gabrielle,” he said to me, at least acknowledging that I was here.

“Are we going to talk about this or not?” I asked him.

I really didn’t want to talk about any of this at all, but I knew that it was coming so I might as well start it and get it over with.

He nodded, “Okay then,” he said and he stepped away from the fridge, which he was about to open and walked to the counter so that he was across from me.

“What were you thinking Gabrielle?” he began, his voice already making its way into a yell.

I opened my mouth to say something back to him, but no words came out, I was at a loss for what to say.

“Do you realize how stupid this is, why on earth would you get involved with a hockey player?” he shouted, and then I was assured that he knew, even though it was pretty obvious.

“He’s new dad, he has nothing to do with the conflict you have with the rest of them,” I defended.

“I don’t give a damn! He is a hockey player on that team and I don’t want you anywhere near him or any of those guys for that matter!”

That was only the beginning of what he had to say to me. He continued on to let me know how furious and angry he was at me and pretty much telling me what an idiot I was for supposedly letting this hockey player cloud my mind and make me think that he was a good person. Harry was a good person though, my dad just couldn’t see passed the sport that Harry played.

“Can you please stop?” I asked my dad after I’d had enough of his ranting for the passed maybe seven minutes.

“Stop? You asked me to start talking about this,” he said to me, and he was right, but that didn’t mean that I couldn’t change my mind and want him to be quiet now.

“Could you just hear me out, listen to me for a minute?” I asked him, trying to keep my voice as calm as I possibly could.

“Hear you out? There’s nothing else for me to know, I have been told all I need to know about all this. I don’t need you telling me about what a great guy you think he is or any crap like that, because I won’t have it,”

Anger began to boil up inside of me. He wouldn’t even give me a minute to explain my side to all this, he was so blinded by his anger right now.

Before I knew it, I was getting up from my seat at the counter and walking out of the kitchen. I walked into the living room, grabbed my phone and walked out of the house.

“Where do you think you are going?” I heard my dad shout to me as I had began to open the front door.

I had just ignored him and walked out of the house. I ran down the sidewalk a few feet, and then sat down under a dim streetlight. I probably should’ve thought this through more, but at the moment I didn’t really care, I had just wanted out of that house. I felt a tear starting to fall down my face as I sat and stared at the street, that tear was followed by more and now I could hardly see with my eyes so clouded with tears.

I blinked away the tears that blurred my vision, but they continued to fall, accompanied with a few sniffs now and then. I looked at my phone in my hand; thankfully I had remembered to bring it out here with me. I unlocked my phone and called the only person who didn’t hate me right now. I brought the phone up to my ear, and he answered on the last ring.

“Hello,” I heard him say.

“Harry,” was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

This was another thing that I really hadn’t thought through, I just felt like calling him would make me feel better, but now I wasn’t sure what I should say.

“Are you okay?” he asked me, and I knew that he could tell by my voice that I was crying. I wondered if he had any idea why.

“I need…can you drive over to my house?” I stuttered out, seeming that that was probably the best thing for me to ask right now.

“Yeah, of course. Why, what’s going on?” he asked me, obviously worried, and I wanted to calm his worry, but I just wanted him here and if I explained everything right now it might take longer for him to get here.

“Just drive to my house,” I said to him again, and then I hung up without giving him a chance to say or ask me anything else.