Chapter 14

Jay felt his body revert back to normal. Letting out a quiet sigh of relief, he exited the bathroom and stepped with caution toward his bed. The other ninja were sleeping soundly, not a wave of suspicion coming over them. Yet.

Kai entered the room, yawning and running a hand through his spikes. The sight of Jay made him stop dead in his tracks.

"Jay? What the hell are you doing up this late?" He hissed, looking slightly embarrassed.

Jay narrowed his eyes. "I could ask you the same question Kai."

Kai sighed. "Fine. You wanna see?"

The fire ninja led Jay to Nya's door to her room.

He let out another sigh. "It's just that... I get worried about her. Ever since my parents died, I was the one put in charge of the house and shit. But my main priority was her. If anything happens to her, it will always be my fault, no matter what. I don't care what the circumstance is. All I care about is that she's put before me in all costs."

Kai entered her room and walked to her sleeping frame. "Every night I check on her to make sure she's okay. If she found out... Damn, all hell would break loose."

Jay nodded, understanding Kai's reasoning.

Kai released a shaky breath. "She hates it when I act like I'm her dad or something, but I'm not trying to. I honestly just want the best for her. You, um, have you ever heard the rumor that Ignacian blood is, uh, I guess... Tastier than other blood?"

Jay nodded slowly, remembering Bliv mentioned something about that. "Yeah, well, I'm... I know this sounds stupid, but I'm afraid that vampires are going to go after us- I mean, her. Apparently, Ignacian native's blood has an addictive taste. That's why there were so many attackers back in its glory days. And since Nya and I share the same blood..."

Jay placed a hand on Kai's shoulder as they exited Nya's room. "Don't worry. I'll make sure nothing ever happens to you guys. I will protect Nya at all costs. Okay?"

Kai nodded. "Okay. Thanks, man"

~

Jay woke up the next morning...

In Nya's bed.

Jay scrambled up the bed frame, sweat pouring down his face. What the hell was he doing in here?

Then the sheet slid down his chest.

What the fuck?! He was stark naked!

Jay gulped and took a glance at Nya, who was hugging her blankets close to her body. A small smile was planted on her lips as she snuggled the material. Running a panicked hand through his curls, Jay slowly crawled out of the bed and formed his spinjitzu to change into his uniform. He quickly gathered his clothes and stuffed them in his pockets.

Nya. Oh shit.

Jay stumbled over to his girlfriend and clumsily dressed her before exiting her room. He stepped out the door and sighed, in both relief and in panic. Oh god. What if Kai found out he didn't come back to bed that night?

With a sinking feeling in his stomach, Jay turned the corner and entered the ninjas' bedroom...

Only to find a furious Kai standing there, crossing his arms.