Chapter 25

Jay shut his eyes, anticipating the pain. If he still had a heartbeat, it would be thundering in his ears, the anxiety making him want to vomit. 

Jay awaited his fate, but the pain never came. Instead, all he heard was Zane screaming at someone.

"No! Release me! Cole, please, I need my brother back! I need him!"

Jay opened one eye, staring directly at Zane struggling to escape Cole's tight embrace. The nindroid was sobbing, slamming his fists against Cole's arms in a desperate attempt to best his way out. 

The pain from Zane's metal punches seemed to be getting to Cole, yet he still held on. Gritting his teeth in pain, he hissed at Jay. "SHOCK. HIM."

Jay was stunned for a moment, but suddenly caught on. Sitting upright, the lightning ninja blasted Zane with a blue bolt, right as Cole released the ice ninja.

Zane froze inches away from Jay's face, a shuriken pointing right in the vampire's eyeball. The nindroid began to sputter and twitch in awkward positions, electricity shutting him down. With a loud hiss and a puff of black smoke, Zane collapsed to the floor, temporarily deactivated.

Cole rushed over, followed by Kai carrying his sister. 

"Is he gonna be okay?" Kai whispered to Cole, who was running his hands along Zane's fried chest.

"Frosty should be okay." Cole concluded, breathing slowly. "Fangs over here... I don't know about."

"Forget 'im" Kai spat, standing up and shifting Nya to his right shoulder. "He's of no use to us anymore. Sensei can just find another fucking lightning ninja."

"We can't just leave him..." Cole protested, but Jay heard his voice trail away. Not even the wimp would stand up for him. 

Jay clenched the fabric on his pant leg and bit his lip. "You assholes can just leave me here." He snapped, tears burning his eyes. He took a shaky breath and continued.

 "Kai's right. I'm of no use anymore. But hey, it's all my fault, right? It's my fault I got possessed by a vampire ghost. It's my fault I'm a goddamn vampire. Even though I didn't have ANY say in this, and I have absolutely NO CONTROL over my actions. But you know, it's always fun to blame little old Edward James Walker, right?"

Kai squinted his eyes at Jay and scoffed before storming out of the cave. Cole gathered up Zane's body and turned to Jay.

"Jay, look. I know you didn't have a choice to become... this." Cole ran his fingers through his shaggy black locks. "It's just... Was it you that hurt Nya? Or did you really have no choice?"

No response came from the blue ninja.

"Right. As always, you won't take responsibility." Cole snapped. 

"Oh, and another thing, Jay? I'm making a move on Nya. It's not like she likes you anymore, you abusive dick."

Then just like that, Cole strolled out, leaving Jay shocked and kneeling on the cave floor, accompanied by nothing but frantic bats.