Chapter 9

When he (Or they. They were one in the same after all.) landed at his destination, a chill ran down his spine. "W-why are we at Ignacia?" He asked in a hushed tone.

'Shh! We don't want to get ourselves caught. Plus, everyone knows that Ignacia's got the best blood around. Duh.'

Jay stepped with caution around the rice fields, knowing that the wet ground would make the loudest squishing sound EVER.

He stared up at the night sky for a moment, remembering when he took Nya for a ride to her old shop on Wisp. Damn he missed Wisp, that lovable blue oaf. Yet, why need a dragon when you had your own wings? He smiled at the nostalgia and continued walking toward his target.

His target made him stop dead in his tracks.

A small, run down shack concealed a little girl, clutching a piece of a blanket. She shivered in the cold night, but was far from waking up.

And far from any other homes. Far from anyone hearing her screams of terror as he sipped her delicious, gorgeous, warm, goopy-

Oh god, Jay, get it together man. She's like, eight.

Jay slipped through the door and bent over the little girl. With thoughts of disgust in his mind, he turned away.

"I can't do it, Bliv." He thought, speaking to his conscience. "I just can't. She's too innocent."

'Fine. Then I'll do it.'

Bliv drove his body toward the girl's neck. Jay tried to fight it, but he eventually lost control. Bliv won.

Jay felt himself gag as the warm substance entered his body. The girl's beating pulse sickened him, but Bliv wouldn't stop. Finally, after Jay (or Bliv in his body) was satisfied, he pulled away. Suddenly, the taste of blood in his mouth and the fill in his stomach vanished, leaving no trace of his drink. Bliv smacked its lips and sighed.

'Delicious. But I think we should leave now. We wouldn't want anyone getting suspicious. Also, you've been gone for an hour. Your girlfriend or the one of the ninja might be looking for you.'

Without giving Jay a chance to respond, Bliv thrust Jay's body upward, soaring into the open, starry sky.

~

"Jay? Wake up sweetie, I have some breakfast for you."

Jay fluttered his eyes open to the prettiest sight in the world. Nya. A smile appeared on his lips as he stroked his love's cheek.

"Good morning, sweet." He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked around. "Huh. Damn, I must have fallen asleep. Sorry babe, I forgot to eat the food you left me."

Nya smiled and waved away the thought with her hand. "It's fine Jay, no worries. I just wanted you to eat, that's all. Three days without food is a long time."

Jay raised an eyebrow at Nya. "Nya? Is something wrong? You seem... distant."

Nya sighed and turned to the ginger. "Jay. A little girl died last night. She lived in the village I grew up in, Ignacia. I baby-sitted her for a while, and right around the time I left Ignacia with Kai, her parents had died. I thought they brought her to an orphanage, but I guess she had been living on her own for about a year..."

Jay swallowed and asked shakily, "H- how did she die?"

Nya touched her neck with two fingers. "Right here. A puncture wound, two holes. She bled to death, she... she lost too much blood." Nya shook her head and continued. "Everyone there, including Kai, of course, bets it's the work of a cold-hearted vampire."