Chapter 13

'Bliv! Wait!'

Bliv flew Jay's new body to a branch and let him rest. Jay huffed and scratched his nose. Bliv sniggered.

'What are you laughing about?' Jay demanded.

Bliv let out a deep breath. 'Sorry. It's just that you looked like a little bunny when you did that.'

'Did what?'

'When you scratched your little nose like that! It was too cute for me to handle!' Jay suddenly sneezed, "tchu!"

Bliv burst out in fits of laughter. 'What?' 'That sneeze made it so much better! Oh my god, do it again!'

Jay rolled his eyes. 'Weren't you so terribly hungry that you couldn't move on?'

'Oh all right.'

Bliv sighed and drove Jay's body to a small hole. Bliv laughed, 'Speaking of bunnies...' The creatures huddled close in the cold night, unaware of the impending doom that was to be brought upon them. 'They never saw it coming...' Bliv gave a little laugh. 'It's a good idea I showed you how to transform. Now we can crawl into the little spaces and get a midnight snack!' Bliv smacked his lips and shoved Jay into the pit of white bunnies.

The monster within Jay was unleashed. Jay then realized- it wasn't Bliv doing the dirty work; it was just giving the ninja the extra push. No. It was Jay who ate the bunnies whole and sucked them dry. It was him who tore flesh apart and bloodied up his fur. It was Jay who was the monster.

All the monster had to do was to feed its master.

~

Jay returned, groaning and clutching his stomach.

'What's the matter?' Bliv asked, presumably licking his lips due to the smacking sounds he was making. 'I ate too much, no thanks to you, douchebag.'

'Oh that's right. Sorry, I forgot to retrieve the rest.'

'Wait a sec, Bliv. Don't completely take the taste out of my mouth. Just the blood, though, not the bunnies.'

Bliv made a "hmph" noise. 'Alright. I guess you just want to get used to it, huh?'

'Yeah...'

The truth was, Jay was starting to like the taste. When it disappeared, he couldn't wait for more. He wanted more. He had to satisfy it somehow.

...

He really was becoming a monster, wasn't he?