Chapter 33

"Oh my god, oh my god, Jay!" Nya buried her face into Jay's chest, shaking. "He killed Zane! He fucking killed Zane!"

Jay was shaken, a cold sweat running down his forehead. No, no it's fine. We can fix Zane. We can always fix him, right?

Jay grabbed Nya's hand and led her around Zane's body, his parts crunching under their feet. "It's gonna be fine, Nya, I mean, we can always rebuild..."

Jay's voice trailed away. Both he and Nya knew that Zane's body was far from repair, even if the two worked together.

Nya rubbed her eyes. "The Bounty's still flying, and since we never installed an autopilot, it's safe to assume someone's alive and flying the ship. It's most likely Cole; Kai can't fly for shit."

The two shared an uneasy laugh as they opened the door to the bridge.

Cole was at the wheel, shaking.

"Hey, Cole! It's Jay and Nya." Jay called to the earth ninja.

"No, you aren't." Cole's responded, his voice breaking, about to cry. "That's exactly what Zane told me. And- and then," Cole took short breaths, sobbing. "It wasn't really Zane. It was that fucking vampire! And he murdered Zane right in front of me!"

Nya held out her hand. "Cole, please, it wasn't your fault. You couldn't do anything..."

Cole slammed his fist against the wall, causing the Bounty to shake violently. "You don't understand, Nya! I could have done something! But I didn't, I- I ran away like a fucking coward! I let Zane die, and it's all my fault! I could have helped him, even if it meant me dying. But I don't want to die." Cole crumpled to the ground, sobbing. "I don't want to die."

Nya knelt down next to Cole, holding him and quieting him down. Jay took over the wheel, shaken from Cole's outburst.

"Cole I know this is a rough time for you," Nya started, followed by Cole scoffing. "But I need to know if my brother is safe."

"Kai's fine. He evacuated with Sensei and Lloyd to your old house, but he's gonna come back to help me fight this son of a bitch. Hopefully." Cole sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm fine, Nya, don't coddle me."

Nya nodded and took the wheel from Jay. "I'll take over from here. You guys go on ahead."

Jay and Cole dashed out of the bridge, Jay taking one last loving look at Nya. Oh Nya, please be safe.

Bliv was hovering around Zane's corpse, sighing. "I wish I hadn't wasted my energy on him. I can't drink... whatever this shit is." Bliv ran his fingers through the light blue liquid surrounding the nindroid's body.

"Hey, Bliv." Jay called out.

Bliv looked up and grinned. "Jay! How are you doing?"

"Pretty fucking pissed, considering you just murdered one of my closest friends."

Bliv laughed and turned to Cole.

"You seem like the strong type, the one that holds the gang together." Bliv coiled around Cole, cackling. "It's a shame though. The glue that holds the team together is also the weakest link."

"Who are you to call me weak?" Cole snapped.

"Physically you're strong, but emotionally..." Bliv grinned. "Face it, earth ninja, you're a coward. I've seen inside your head. You hate yourself more than any enemy you've ever faced, and your biggest fear is disappointing the ones you care about. And then there's that Nya girl, feisty one. Jay went and took her for himself, not even caring about how you felt."

"Shut up!

Jay was shocked. "Cole... What?"

Bliv  laughed. "This is all too good! The perfect love triangle!"

Jay shook his head. "I knew it. I fucking knew it. All this time, you liked Nya!"

Cole frowned. "Jay, you know damn well I'd never betray you, and Nya wouldn't either-"

"Oh yeah? How about that time you left me on the ground in the cave wall, after Zane went nuts, and you declared you were gonna take her for your own?"

"What? I never once said that!"

"It doesn't matter! We aren't even dating anymore, so you can just fucking take her for yourself! That's what you want, right?"

"Jay! You're acting insane! I would never do that! You're my friend, my brother, my ally-"

"Shut up! Just shut the fuck up!" Tears rolled down Jay's face. "I bet you were waiting for an opportunity like this. One where Nya had to break up with me, for her own safety, and you would be the fucking hero and take her. Is that what you want, Cole?"

Cole gritted his teeth and grabbed Jay's shoulders. "Listen, fucker. I am in no way trying to steal your goddamn girlfriend. I'm trying to focus on killing this fucking vampire that just, oh you know, murdered our best friend." 

Jay pushed Cole away. "Get off of me."

Cole walked towards the  lightning ninja. "Jay..."

"I said ..." Jay started, clenching his fists.

Bliv's eyes widened, smiling at what was to come next.

"Jay..?" Cole placed a hand on Jay's shoulder, nervous.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Jay screamed. 

Electricity flowed through his veins, causing an explosion. The bounty shook, and whatever light was present in the lamps burst and made the bounty go dark. 

The ground around Jay was scorched, Zane and Cole's bodies completely obliterated. Bliv, however, remained, still floating and cackling.