Chapter 29

Jay shifted away from Nya. His stomach churned, unsure of how to tell her the truth. He ran millions of scenarios through his head, but none of them had a good turn out. Finally Jay took a deep breath and placed a hand on Nya's shoulder.

"Nya. There's something I need to tell you." 

He had her attention, but Jay hesitated. 

Nya caught on.

"Oh my god. It's you, isn't it? You're the father..." Nya stood up and backed away towards the cave entrance.

"Nya..." The lightning ninja started, but let his voice trail away, letting her go.

No.

He couldn't lose her. Not again. Being with her made him feel human, and he couldn't afford to lose that, as well as his love for her.

"Wait, please! Nya!" Jay called after her desperately, dashing towards her retreating figure. "Please! I need you..."

Nya spun around, angry tears in her eyes. "What for? Just so you can feast on me again? Yeah right!"

She brushed back her jet black locks and revealed her scarred ear. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

Jay grabbed her wrists, anger boiling up inside of him.

"Let go of me!" She growled, struggling to escape his grasp.

"No! Nya, please, just talk this out with me! I can explain everything!" Jay pleaded.

"No, you can't!" Nya cried. "And you never will be able to! You're just gonna hurt me again, I know it! Don't make a fool of me, Jay!"

The samurai swung her leg around and kicked the ninja, forcing him to let go. 

Jay chased after her, but Nya had already retreated into her mech, flying away.