Chapter 24

**recap of chapter 23**

 I look up through blurred vision and see Damien standing next to a man that is holding an unconscious Ashton over his shoulder. And on the other side of him is a woman. With my long brown hair. And my nose. For a moment I think my eyes may be playing a trick on me, or its the lack of oxygen. But It's not.

"Mom..?"

****

Chapter 24

She just stands there, excruciatingly silent.  Warm tears cloud my vision and I get up and run to her, wrapping my arms around here tiny frame. I squeez her probably a bit harder than I should. She still smells like those pumpkin spice candles that she uses. I take in a big breath full of that smell. That smell is like home. Something I've dearly missed.

But there's one problem.  She's not hugging me back. She stands there stiff with her arms at here sides. I slowly let go and back up. We just stare at eachother for a moment. 

" You changed your hair." She states. Her voice is different, it has an eerily cold tone to it.  Its not as warm and inviting as it used to be. But it doesn't matter. Shes alive, and that is all that matters. 

"How are you even here right now? I though you were.." I trail off. I think she knows what i wanted to say. She doesn't answer me. She looks over to Damien, and he smiles at her. 

What the fuck is going on..?

He wraps his arm around my mom's waist and pulls her into him as he trails kisses down her neck. I expect her to wrench herself away from him, or put up a fight. But she doesn't. She acctually leans into him throwing her head back. 

Whats more awkward than seeing your mom being intimate? 

Seeing her be intimate with man that killed your father, and had supposedly killed her. What the flipity fuck has this world come to? 

"Mom..Mom..." No answer. "Mom, fucking answer me!" I shout and she fliches looking over at me scoldingly. She walks away from Damien and steps into my personal space, the blissful smile that was on her face just moments ago is gone. At this point I have no idea what to expect. But before I have time to react the palm of her hand connected with my face. My hair falls over my face as i lean against the wall for support. The skin on my face stings and my mind races. What the hell is wrong with her?

"Since when are you so defient? You know better than to use such language." She says, her voice bitter but her facial expression soft. What is happen? Is this real? Because if im dreaming then this is one fucked up nightmare. 

But no, unfortunately, this is my reality. 

"What is going on, Mom?" I say quietly trying to hide the annoyance in my voice. But apparently I didn't do a good enough job of hiding it because her smile turned into a sneer.

" Stop being so rude. What has gotten into you?"

She's different some how and it's scaring me. I've never seen her like this before. She's always been so pleasant, and just a wonderfully patient woman.

So I decides not to answer her.

I look up at her through my eyelashes, and a dull ache throbs in my chest. She's looking at me like I'm a piece of scum on the street. She raises her hand to slap me and just before her hand strikes my face i notice something.

The look in her eyes. They're no longer the soft beautiful ones the looked down at me with love, and pride. They're something else now, so much darker. Not so much in color as in expression.  She's dark. She's not the same.

She's not my mother anymore...

My heart sinks to the ground upon thinking that. And then i was facing the ground again, my cheek seemingly set a blaze by a treacherous fire. I look up at her with pleading eyes.

"What the hell happened to you, Mom?" I said calmly,  keeping my temper under control. Her jaw clenched as she steps toward me and I noticed that she's wearing heels by the click - clack sound that they make against our tile floor. She kneels by my side and grabs my chin forcing me to look at her. She doesn't say a word. She just looks at me. So I cautiously speak again.

"How could you dare to touch that man? He is the reason Dad is dead." I say pointing at Damien, hot tears burning in my sorrowful eyes.

"You really wanna know why?" She asks, not even fazed my words of Dad.

I nod.

" Because I love him." She simply states, removing her cold fingers from my chin and looking back at Damien.

...Did I just hear that correctly?  Did you hear it? Did she just say that she loves him?

Before I get the chance to say a word she buts in. "I met Damien three and a half years into your mine and you father's marriage.  You were almost two years old. I went on a walk down the street to get a pack of cigarettes for your father because he was getting low. On my way out of the store a man grabbed my blouse and pulled me toward him. You probably already know what his intentions were.  But Damien had just strolled of that same liquor store and smashed a fourth ounce bottle of beer over the guys head, and kicked him until he was unrecognizable.  He walked me home and made sure I was alright and we've been close ever since."  She pauses, "So shortly after your father put him in prison we had developed a plan. He would use his guys on the in in side to break out ,and he would come get me and we would go away somewhere. But unfortunately,  your father was home. He tried to be tough and tell him to get out our he would call the police and triple his sentence to be served in prison. He lunged at Damien and they fought for a while until Damien got exhausted and just shot him." She says the words so casually that chills spread down the length of my spine.

I thought Damien didn't get our until after I found out that my parents were dead..

Well, there was no way of really knowing. I hadn't seen him, that doesn't mean that he wasn't there.

I sit there on the cold tile floor, trying to get her words to sink in. I look up at the man holding Ashton,  he's still unconscious.  But thankfully I can tell that he is, infact, brething.

I can't contain my anger much longer.  She knew that Damien killed Dad. And she was willing to leave both of us behind. My blood boils, and my thoughts race as i slowly reach in the back of my head and grab the power blue colored hair clip out of my pocket and lunge at her slashing it across her face with as much force as possible. I mean it's only a hair clip but blood is gushing from her right cheek. But as quick as a flash two of the men grab me, and slam me against the wall. But with so much force that I look around trying to make sense of the floating shapes I'm seeing, and the muffled sounds I'm hearing. A deep throbbing pain erupts in the back of my head and I fade in and out of consciousness, still thrashing my arms in a pathetic attempt to loosen their grip.

The last image I see is Damien's chillingly blue and green eyes, almost like Ashton's but colder.  More hollow. They look vacant.

Then the blackness takes over.my vision and I fade into my subconscious to the sound of Ashton yelling my name.

Ashton.

He's awake.

*********

Author's note:

Sooooo guys. Long time no see, huh?

Well, I assure you that I didn't put you through all of this waiting and suspense just for the hell of it. I was unable to write for a while. But annnyyywwaayyys. I hope you like it, and PLEEAAASSSSEE.

DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!

I need your feedback guys.

And with that, I will end this. c:

So long, my lovely readers. ♡♡♡

•●》Terra 《●•