Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Astrid's POV

The steady stream of cold water rushes into the white porcelain sink, as I blink the sleep away from my tired eyes. I avert my gaze from the counter, and look at my pitiful reflection.

Damn. I'm looking rough.

My eyes are a bit sunk in, with dark bags clouding beneath them. My lips are dry and cracked, and don't even get me started on my hair. It's a hot mess. The large flannel shirt that blankets over my tiny frame is far too big for my liking, and the jeans don't fit very well either. (But, for stolen clothes they're pretty good.) My glasses? Yeah, I have no idea where they are now. I can't even remember losing them.

But let's get back to the issue on hand.

ASHTON FUCKING KISSED ME!

Holy mother of god, it still doesn't seem real. It's been four days since the situation in the hotel, and he hasn't mentioned it even once. I would be lying I said I wasn't disappointed, but I understand. We are running from very dangerous, murderous people who want to kill us. There's no time for romance.

I put my hands under the water and splash some of it on my face to wake me up a little. Today is a big day. We are transitioning from the United States to a different country. Ashton won't tell me where we are going, but I honestly don't care. As long as we get out of this place I'm fine and dandy.

Just the thought of him sends my heart into a frenzy of frantic beating. It's funny how a person I barley know can hold such a significant spot in my life. I don't even know his last name.

Wait.

Didn't the guy at the hotel say it? It's R-something. I know it starts with an R.

Rizuco! That's it! Why does it sound so familiar. I've most definitely heard it before. But, where have I heard it?

Those thoughts are pushed to the back of my head when I hear Ashton shouting for me. I turn on my heals and head out of the bathroom after turning off the water.

I walked into the room to find Ashton lying on the ground with a pained expression on his face. I stopped at his feet and crossed my arms over my chest, preparing to ask what it was he was doing. But he beat me to it.

"Wanna take a wild guess why I'm down here?" He asked, his voice heavy with irritation.

I put my fingers in my chin, and squinted my eyes as if I were in deep thought. "Taking a nap?" I said, my voice dripping in sarcasm and amusement.

He sent me a cold glare before replying. "No, as surprising as it is. I was not taking a nap." He pause, joining in on my sarcasm. "I tripped over your damn shoes!" He shouted, pointing to my converses while getting up off the floor.

I dismissed his argument with a wave, and turned on my heels. "Watch where your going next time slick. " I said more confident than I expected. However, before I could get too far his strong fingers enclosed on my wrist and spun me around to face him. I found myself staring at his chest. I slowly looked up, his eyes were already gazing down at me. If I moved just a little bit our noses would be touching. And if I moved just a little after that we'd be kissing.

And I don't think I would mind.

He looks at me right in the eye, but his gaze noticeably moves from my eyes to my lips. He subtly pokes his tongue through his lips and licks them.

Oh my lord.

He starts to slowly move his face toward mine, I close my eyes in anticipation for the kiss. But it never happens. I open my eyes to find him now sitting on the couch about twenty feet away.

"Pay backs a bitch." He copies my words from my prank on him at the lake. I can't help but laugh. I can't be mad at him. Slowly, and seductively I walk over to join him. But instead of sitting next to him, I sit on his lap. Now I'm straddling his hips. He looks a bit surprised but remains in his cool, calm composer. I bring my head slowly down next to his and whisper in his ear. "Don't leave me hanging like that." I whisper in a low, sexy voice. He exhales while moving his hands to my hips, successfully making goosebumps rise on my skin. He doesn't tease me this time, his lips meet mine, by it's not a soft kiss. It's a fierce, hungry kiss. My hands find their way around the back of his head and my fingers tangle in the soft hair on the nap of his neck. His tongue glide across my bottom lip asking for entrance, but before I can grant it there are three consecutive knocks at the door. We break the kiss but he pulls me closer to his chest. My heart pounds so hard against my rib cage, I'm certain that it will fly out at any moment.

"Who is it?" I whisper in the softest voice I could muster. He shakes his head as if to answer 'I have no idea'. There are three more knocks followed by a high pitched feminine voice. "The extra towels you asked for sir?" .

We both exhale, and I drop my head to rest on his shoulder. "One second." He shouts loud enough for her to hear. His voice is husky an low. His lips swollen from the kiss. It makes me want to kiss him again but unfortunately he has to answer the door.

We are currently in a low laying motel, still in the U.S. We are preparing to fly to a different country later this afternoon, hopefully we can live in peace there.

Wait..

Once we get to where we are going, what will happen then? Will he be living with me? I hope so.

Oh get over yourself Astrid, maybe he doesn't want to be with you.

My inner voice is a bitch. I mean damn, have some faith. He did kiss me back.

And ahh that kiss. I could do that all day. Who would have thought that a nerdy, socially awkward, pathetic excuse for a girl would ever be able to kiss a guy like Ashton. He's so...

So out of your league?

Like I said earlier, my inner voice is a fucking BITCH.

But, my inner voice is a little bit right. He is very attractive. So maybe my inner voice is a lot right. He is out of my league, but he seems to like me.

I hope.

Authors note:

Sorry for any errors, I will take care of them during the final edit.

And GUYS!

They kissed again. :D

I need more feed back, I'm lacking inspiration for this book so I need as much as I can get. Please spread the word. Tell all of your friends on Wattpad about my book.

And if you have any questions or concerns just message me.

Oh and follow me too!:D

Do not forget to COMMENT & VOTE!

ESPECIALLY VOTE! <---- <3

I love you all. <3 :D