Chapter 20

Chapter 20

We've been in Italy for almost a month now. Things are looking up for us. After a week of living in that damn house behind the airport, we looked for a way to get a place of our own. But first we had to obtain new identities. Lee found a man who made us new IDs. My name is now Angela. But we only call each other by our aliases when we're in public. Within two days of becoming completely new people we found a one bedroom apartment in Verona, it's a little smaller than we had hoped but hey, it has electricity so I'm not complaining.

The apartment is beautiful though. Our kitchen is spacious, with a dining room right beside it. The living room has bay windows that overlook the city, which is beautifully lit up at night. Ashton and I share the bedroom and Lee sleeps in the living room. Though he says he doesn't mind I feel bad for making him sleep there.

The bedroom that Ashton and I share is simple, but great. It has a very nice queen bed, private bathroom, and a gorgeously painted wall. But my favorite part is the balcony that overlooks a breathtaking garden full of tall grass and vibrantly colored flowers.

Where did we get the money for all of this you ask?

We stole it.

I'm not proud of it, but what's done is done. We broke into ritzy looking houses in the dead of night, and stole money or anything that we could sell. We did that for a few weeks, about three houses per night. People in this neighborhood don't have very good security.

But we almost got caught on one of them. I was waiting by the window in the back of the house, while Lee and Ashton went in. I saw a light turn on upstairs, and I knew that if they didn't get out of there quick that we would be screwed. I had to climb in through the window to find them. I bumped into the man who owned the house and I had to convince him that he was dreaming of an American girl to get him to go back upstairs. I though he wasn't gonna buy it, but he sure as hell did.

I can't believe my luck lately.

" What are you thinking about?" Ashton asked as we lie in bed. We've been awake for a few hours we just didn't feel like getting up yet.

"How happy I am right now." I replied rolling over to face him.

He didn't say anything he just did that smile that melts my heart on first glance. I can't describe how much joy he brings to me. Sometimes I feel like my heart will buckle under the weight of the love that I feel for him. Its like I can never be close enough to him.

He reaches up and pushes my hair behind my ear. " God, I love you Astrid." I love the way he says my name. I love everything about him.

Instead of answering him I smashed my lips onto his with a new spark of desire. A warm feeling spreads through my body. I can't get enough of this feeling, I never want it to disappear. He's like a drug to me.

Just as I was about to deepen the kiss there was a knock at the door, we ignored it. But another knock came, along with Lee's voice. "Guys? Are you ever gonna wake up? It's boring out here. Let's go do something." He said sound said sounding like an agitated child. We laughed into eachonther's lips, and reluctantly pulled away.

Ashton sat up and said. "God damn you, Lee! You couldn't have waited five more minutes?"

Lee's voice came from behind the door again. " Oh, shit man, I'm sorry. You were getting that booty huh?"

I burst into a fit of laughter, and so did Ashton. We laughed for about fifteen minutes until we fell off the bed. Ashton moved himself to hover above me, with his hands on either side of my head. He gave me a mischievous smirk before frantically kissing all over my face. My chin, my cheeks, my forehead, and a small gentle kiss on my nose. His eyes flickered down to my lips. He began to lean in, but put my finger on his lips and shook my head.

"Nope, you know if we get started it'll be a while until we get off of this floor, and it's already. .." I paused to look up at the clock. "1:37pm. We need to get our lazy asses up." I said, even though every muscle in my body was screaming against it.

"Finnneeee." He sighed and rolled over onto his back.

I got up, laughing at his childish behavior. I walked into the bathroom for a shower. Before getting undressed I glanced in the in the mirror, taking a moment to look at my appearance. I'm looking better these days. Happier.

After taking off my bed clothes I turned on the water, and stepped into the steady stream of warm water. A sigh of content left my lips as the comfortable blanket of water washed my worries away.

I got out after I was finished and turned of the water. I grabbed the towel on the rack behind the toilet. With a towel wrapped around me I walked back into my room to get clothes. I walked over to the closet, leaving behind wet foot prints. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a T shirt with a band that I had never heard of on it. I took the clothes into the bathroom, but before I got dressed I had an idea.

My hair has gotten awfully long. Its down to my butt now. Maybe it's time for a change. I reached into the drawer and grabbed a pair of scissors. I grabbed a chunk of my hair and used my fingers as a guide line. I went on like that until all of my hair was the same length, just above my shoulders. I looked up from the ground that is now covered in lengthy strands of my hair. I like it. I like it a lot.

I walk out of my room and go to the kitchen for some breakfast. Lee stands at the stove, he hears me walk in and turns around.

"What the.." He says and drops the spatula into what ever he's cooking and some grease splashes onto his hand.

"SON OF A.....BEEN CAKE!" He shouts running over to the sink to run his hand under cool water.

Ashton comes running in with just boxers on, he must have been getting read to shower.

" What the.." He says just as Lee did. His eyebrows shoot up, and he stands there. Speechless. A smile slowly crept onto his lips. "Holy shit." He says quitley, and I have to hold in a laugh.

"Does it really look that different?" I ask crossing my arms.

They both just silently nod.

" You guys are assholes." I say bitterly, but I can't stifle the smile on my face.

Author's note :

Mkay, sooooo.

TWO UPDATES IN ONE WEEK?!

I know, I'm the best. ;)

Haha, Annnnyyyyywwwaaayyyy.

I kept my promise about it being longer. It is, indeed, longer than usual.

I'm sorry if it's not interesting enough. But everything I write is for a reason. It shall get better, I promise!

Oh and if I make any mistakes please point them out, and I'll fix them during the final edit.

I can't tell you how thankful I am for every single one of you. You all have my utmost respect and gratitude.

I'm going to do a shout out to one of you, my lovely readers, in the next chapter. Just comment and ask for a shout out. Or tweet to me.

--> @Tart61198

Don't forget to VOTE & COMMENT! !!

~Terra♡