Chapter 21

Chapter 21

"Give it back Lee! I'm serious. " I shouted, chasing him around the living room.

" Never! This is an abomination." Lee said, jumping over the coffee table, and tripping over one of the throw pillows from the couch in the process.

" Its a fucking statue you dipshit." I said and ripped it from his grasp while he clutched to his stomach.

After he recovers from the fall he says, "It looks like a piece of pizza wearing underwear! What the hell kind of statue looks like that?" He asked, and I flipped him off.

"This one does. And I'm keeping it." I said leaning forward to place it in the middle of the coffee table.

Ashton walks out of our bedroom rubbing the sleep from his eye. " Why are you guys making so much damn noise?" He asks. His voice husky, and sleep ridden.

" Ash, I have a question. And I want you to answer it honestly. " I say.

"Okayyy?" He says suspiciously dragging out the word.

" What does this statue look like?" I ask pointing to the blue and green statue on the coffee stable.

He tilts his head to the side like a confused puppy. "A piece of pizza wearing underwear." He states, shaking his head like he is sure of himself.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

" God damn you." I said crossing my arms.

He looked at me confused. "Was that the wrong answer?" He asked.

Before I had the chance to answer Lee did. " No, no its not. That is the right answer." He paused and looked at me. "Told ya."

Ashton came back into the conversation. " Where the hell did you get that thing?"

" I got it at the market two streets over. They have this home made peanut butter looking stuff that tastes like bananas!" I said enthusiastically.

"You went out of the house without me?" He asks, then looks over at Lee. "Did you go with her?" Lee shakes his head no. Shit. "Why the hell would you leave alone? " He says folding his arms, giving me stern look.

" We've been here for about a month, and nothing has happened. I don't see the problem. And I went with a hoodie, so they couldn't really tell it was me." I said, trying to justify my actions.

" Never leave this place alone, do you understand me?" He said, scolding me like a child. Anger bubbled up inside me, who does he think he is?

" Since when are you my father? In case you don't remember, he died. So don't you dare think that you dictate my every move. " I said in a threatening tone. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lee slowly backing out of the room.

Good choice Lee, good choice.

" I'm trying to protect you. If it weren't for me you'd be dead. Stop acting like a child, your being careless." Ashton said, shouting now.

" I'm 18, your 21. That's three years difference asshole, stop acting like you're superior to me." My anger is at a new level now. I just wanna hit something.

" You know what?" He says looking me in the eye. " I don't think we're gonna work out."

And just then my heart burst into a million pieces.

But I didn't let it show. I kept an emotionless expression on my face.

"Fine with me." I said, and stormed off into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. I put both hands on the sink l, gripping the edge. I lifted my gaze to look at myself in the mirror. Any sign of anger was gone, the hurt was clear on my face. With out any warning I began to cry.