Chapter 17

Chapter 17

**Astrid ' s POV**

My eyes frantically shift to Ashton's. How the hell do they know we're here? And if it's not them, then who is it? The fucking house is abandoned.

He slowly moved his finger up to his lips in a shushing motion. He moved towards the door, and I leaped forward and grabbed his arm. "Dont." I said in the lowest whisper I could muster. He put his hand on my face and with out saying a word I could almost hear him saying 'it'll be alright'. I reluctantly let go of his arm. He pointed to Lee, then me, then the hall way. Lee then grabbed my arm and directed me into the other hallway on the left side of Ashton.

Lee and I sat there waiting to hear the sounds of savage men barreling their way through the door, but after the door opened we heard nothing. And then a single set of heavy foot steps began to get closer, and closer. Just before the doorway of the hall they stopped. And there was pure silence.

Silence has never been so loud..

"BOO!" Ashton shouted as he leaped around the corner. I let out a squeaky scream, and they were both hunched over laughing at me. I punched Ashton in the arm, and then whacked Lee on the back of the head. He stood up straight and said "Hey, I had nothing to do with this. Don't smack me because you sound like a fucking mouse when you laugh." He barley go the whole sentence out before he started laughing again.

I look over at Ashton and he's rubbing the spot on his arm where I just, moments ago, punched him. " That was a good hit, and you've got to admit. You did sound absolutely ridiculous. " he said.

I cocked an eyebrow at him and gave him a threatening glare. He stood up a bit straighter, and cleared his throat. "Ridiculously cute is what I meant.."

He fumbled over his words, he's nervous. But it's adorable. "It was just some kid throwing a ball at the door." He said to clear up the situation. I walk into the vacant living room and sat down against the wall, that was painted with a bright yellow. That's probably the only non depressing thing about this place.

Though the prank was still in my head, I can't forget about their conversation in the hallway just before the knock. A secret? What could he be hiding from me?

Well, he could be hiding a lot, considering I barley know anything about him. The list of what I know about him is quite short actually.

(1.) He had a sister, who is now deceased. I know this from when I walked in on him changing and saw it on his back. (That was a steamy moment. Haha.)

(2.) His last name is Rizuco, which is oddly familiar...

(3.) He has a bad temper, and seems to be fearless.

(4.)....Well, I guess there isn't a number four. So scratch that.

That's it. A handful of things I know about him and that was all I needed to fall completely in love with him. I've got to say. That takes skill.

"Astrid?" He said as he rounded the corner into the room, and slid down the wall next to me. I didn't look at him though. We sat there wordlessly for a while, just listening to each other breathing. I turn to face him, but he doesn't meet my gaze.

" What were you about to say before the knock?" I said not really wanting to know, but the question was just burning in my mind. He looks up at me but doesn't say anything. He let out a long sigh.

"I really want to tell you, I just.." He trailed off. How bad could this be? I've never seen him this nervous before. His hands are shaking, and he's tripping over his words.

I'm not sure if I want know now..

"Do remember the tattoo that you saw on my back?" He asked, I nodded. "Well, as I already told you its for my sister. I never told you how Arabella died." He sighed again and subbed his face with his hands. He looked down at the floor and began talking again. "She and I were with our father one night after he had picked us up from school. I was eight and she was twelve, almost thirteen. We weren't like other kids our age. While other thirteen year old girls were playing outside with their friends or obsessing over some boy they liked, Arabella was taking care of me. Making sure I had dinner on time, and brushed my teeth every day. She was like a mother figure I guess. A hell of a lot more responsible then my father ever was. Our mother died when i was two, at least thats what he tells us. And when ever he would have one too many drinks she would always send me to my room, and I just listened to him hitting her." His jaw cleched. "But that one night when we were walking to the car with my father, he had picked us up from school three hours late, it was eerily quiet. A man walked towards us, he began shouting at my father to give him the money that he apparently owed him. The man got in my father face. My father didn't like it so he pulled out a gun, on the first shot he miss him. But then the man pulled out a gun as well and began frantically shooting every where. Arabella told me to kneel down, so I did, and she shielded me with her own body. I was covering my ears so hard and trying to concentrate on the ground and not what was going on around me so I almost didn't feel her let go of me. But I let go of my ears and looked at her just lie in there. She was still alive but she was coughing and fluttering her eyes. I yelled for her and the only thing she said was 'Sing our song buddy'. Our song, it was a little tune that she told me to sing when I was scared. So I did, I sang it as she looked up and smiled through the pain, squeezing my hand so tight. And the blood, there was s-so much blood...then she was gone." My heart sank and his eyes were threatening to let go of all the tears, but he forced himself on. "...and my father just looked at her laying there and said 'Shit.' and left. I was there with two dead bodies (my sister & the man.) At only eight years old, that's a lot to handle.

I hate my father, with a burning pasion." Ashton stopped for a moment.

"Who is your dad?" I asked, gently placing my hand on his back in a soothing motion. He looked up at me with regret in his eyes.

"Damien Rizuco. "

My hand falls away from his back, my heart rate increases. I stand up and take a few steps back from him.

Damien Rizuco, the man who killed my parents. And the man who wants to kill me.

Author's note :

Oh my gosh, it's been so long since I've (hypothetically) seen your beautiful faces!

I'm sorry, I've had A LOT going on. And I've just started school again so I've been pretty busy.

This chapter was kinda heavy. It got emotional.

Ahh, Ashton. The feels.

But I mean DANG. Did you guys see that coming? Because if so then I need to do a better job at not giving it away.

Okay, so, you know what time it is.

COMMENT & VOTE! !

I NEEEEEEEED you guys to vote and comment more. If you haven't already, go back now and vote for every single chapter. I would appreciate it so much.

Thank you.

Much love. ♡ Peace out, my beautiful readers. ♡♡

》Terra ☆