Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Ashton's POV

I sit patiently waiting for our visiter to arrive. Astrid went off to take a shower before we leave. We've got ourselves all packed now. Well, if you call two small bags with the few belongings that we own, 'packed' then we're all set. That's why we are having a visiter. A friend of mine, Lee Bolton, has agreed to giving me money for plane tickets to Italy. But on one condition, that he would tag along with us. So yes, he will be coming with Astrid and I.

Just the mention of her name makes my heart hammer against my chest like a crazed child on a sugar rush. What happened earlier today was unexpected, but I'm sure as hell glad it did happen. She makes me want to get up and run around, I just can't sit still after a kiss like that.

What has she done to me, I sound like a pussy. Damn.

She doesn't seem real, yet she's so authentic. She's like someone you read about in a magazine. Astrid is beautiful, but rugged. And loud, obnoxious, and rude, among other things. But the fact that she's so strong, and her kindness (when it's rarely shown.) over rules any flaw. It scares me, these feelings. All I could ever do is hurt her. I can protect her from other people, but the person I really want to protect her from is me. I have something to tell her, I'm not sure if I can though. These things that I'm hiding from her aren't small things. They're huge, things that could mess up any change I could ever have of being with her. I like her.

No. It's more than 'like', but I'm not sure if it's love.

The L word is a big deal, and I'm not certain as to if I'm ready for that yet. Or if I'm even capable of feeling that. I'm not the good person that she thinks I am.

I'm drawn from my thoughts but one, very loud knock at the door. I get up cautiously just in case it's an intruder. I look through the small peak hole in the wall and see Lee's crazy brown eyes staring back at me. I smile and step back to open the door.

"Ash, buddy, it's been too long!" He said, as he took a large step into the hotel room. I took a moment to observe his appearance. I hadn't seen the guy in almost three years but he looked almost the same, except for the three stars tattooed on his neck. I wonder what they means. But other than that he is a spitting image of our high school times. His blonde mess of curls is pushed back by a bandana, he is wearing black skinny jeans that have roughly made holes on the knees, and a dark red T-shirt. With his hair pushed back I can see the nasty scar on his forehead from when we tried to break in to Mr.Neff's, our science teacher, yard. But we had to abort the mission and climb back up the fence, needless to say he fell. And there was A LOT of blood.

"Checkin' me out, bud? You go a little fruity since we last saw each other?" He said sheepishly, referring to my sexual orientation.

I sent him a glare, and landed a sturdy, playful punch on his shoulder. He looked at me for a moment before bringing me in for an awkward bro-hug. "Seriously man, I missed you." He said, and through the immense awkwardness a small smile shaped on my lips.

A laugh broke the silence behind us, and we quickly moved away from each other. I looked over my shoulder to see Astrid now dressed in nicely fitting dark jeans, and a blue tank top, topped with a black cardigan. Her hair is up is a high pony tail, that is still dripping wet. She looks, gorgeous.

Lee slapped my shoulder. " Dude! You didn't tell me you got yourself a girlfriend! Way to go man. I guess that rules out my previous insinuation. " He pauses and extends a hand to Astrid. "Oh what the hell, I'm a hugger. Come her girl!" Astrid just remains still while he gives her a bone crushingly awkward hug.

After a moment I can tell that she's uncomfortable, so I go to her rescue. "Alright man, that's enough." I pat his back, as if to tell him that the hug has run it's course.

He reluctantly let's go of her and backs up to scan her appearance. He looks her body up and down, about three times. He's such a perv. To get that point a crossed I smack the back of his head. "What the fuck, Ash." Lee exclaims rubbing the spot on the back of his head where I struck him.

"This is Astrid," I pause gesturing towards her. ", She is not my girlfriend. She's just...a friend." I look back at her and see disappointment in her eyes. Did she want me to introduce her as my girlfriend?

Hold up.

SHE WANTS TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND..?

No, she couldn't possibly want something like that. Her parents just died. I am an insensitive bastard. What is happening to me?

Well, now that Lee is here we can finally get out of here. Then maybe after we find somewhere safe and secure in Italy then we can talk about a relationships. That is, if she wants to. God I hope she does, because I've never wanted anything in my life as much as I want her to be mine.

Then maybe I can reveal some of my secrets. I just hope she doesn't turn her back on me as a result.

Authors note:

This is kind of a filler chapter, but I wanted to introduce the new character.

So what do you guys think of Lee? :D He's awesome huh?;)

Anyways, don't forget to COMMENT & VOTE!!

I love you guys!:D <3