Chapter 8

Chapter 8

-Not proof read so excuse any errors, they will be fixed on the final edit.-

"Just pick one already, we don't have all day." I whispered putting my hands on my hips. He just glared at me.

After deciding to steal a car we walked for an hour to a local bar.( <--That's a sentence I never thought I'd say.) But not to drink, unfortunately. There were plenty of cars to choose from, but Ashton thought that it would be wise to inspect every single one. He came to a red dodge ram. It's perfect. "That one is great, lets go. It's getting dark." I said looking up at the darkening sky. He gave me a pointed look and climbed in through the back-sliding window.

It may have been easier for me to climb in, seeing as I'm half his size, but I haven't got the slightest knowledge in cars. I do not know how to hot wire, so he had to squeeze in. Which was quite funny, I might add.

I was pulled from my thoughts by the honking of an excruciatingly loud horn. "Your chariot awaits, Princess." He said with a smug smile from the drivers seat. I rolled my eyes but I couldn't stifle the smile that found its way to my lips.

As I sat down next to him I realized something that I hadn't noticed before.

I trust him more than anyone, but I've only known him for about a week. But he makes it easy. I just look at him and I can feel the walls ,that Ive spent so many years building up, just crumbling down. He's so genuine that you feel like you could see right through him. I can tell that he's been hurt, because it's clear that he isn't as trusting as I am. I feel utterly confused at the fact that I can trust someone that I don't know, without the slightest effort.

As we drove to where ever it was that we were going, I kept looking over at him. Trying to guess what had happened to him. A parent died maybe. Or his parents divorced. Maybe he just had a bad childhood. Or possibly he may have gotten bullied? I'm not sure, but whatever it was, it fucked him up. He is cool and collected on the outside, but I can tell that he is always on guard. I can see that he is tense.

Ashton removed me from my day dream by reaching over to turn on the radio. I winced as a heavy metal song burst from the speakers, he was shouting but I couldn't hear him over the blasting lyrics. I turned it down and he looked over at me like I had just told him to get a sex change. "What the hell are you doing woman. That is my jam." A bark of laughter escaped my lips as he turned it back up. He seemed a bit more relaxed at the moment. I like it that way.

After several hours of driving, a few

pointless arguments, and a terribly short lived karaoke session, we pulled into the driveway of a hotel. It was quite small, but pretty nice looking on the outside. There was a balcony on the top floor, which was only five floors above. The hotel was called 'The Black Bird Inn', it expressed the name with small black colored birds painted on the beige stone walls.

Ashton took out his wallet and looked through a collection of fake IDs and grabbing one by the name of Bill Wallace. On it in small writing it say that he is from Minnesota.

"Is that where we are? Minnesota?" I asked, my voice riddled with drowsiness. He looked at me briefly before answering. "Yeah, you alright?" He asked with concern. I groggily nodded my head. "I'm fine, just really tired." I said putting stress on the word 'really'. He patted my shoulder and spoke again. "I'm going to go get the room key, stay here alright?" I vaguely nodded at his words.

My eyes fluttered open to see him walking towards the entrance of the hotel. I felt a pang of hurt in my chest. I'm homesick. Even though there's no home to go back to. Don't get me wrong, I trust Ashton. I feel safe with him, but I miss my life. My old life. My lazy days filled with books, and excessive amounts of pretzels and Nutella. Meaningful conversations with my mom. Don't even get me started on the debates about politics with my father.

My happy memories were crushed by the image of my dad lying cold and still on the grass. I burry my face in my hands for a moment to collect my thoughts. All of this doesn't feel real. It's like this isn't even my life. I feel like I'm looking through a window into another persons life. This isn't what should be happening. I had my whole fucking life planned out. What the hell did I do to deserve all of this, I've been nothing but polite to everyone my whole life. I was going to graduate high school at the top of my class, go to a four year college. And after that I would attend law school, become a well respected and successful lawyer. Then maybe get married, have children? But all of that is gone now. Every day I have to fear for my life, and wonder where the hell I would be going next.

And that's it, I broke down right there in that unfamiliar truck, wearing clothes that didn't belong to me, hundreds of miles away from everything I've ever known in life. But I let it happen. I couldn't keep myself together any longer.

I dosed off to the the sound of my own soft sobs.

Authors Note: I NEED feedback guys. Comment, tell me what you think. I want, and value, your opinions.

Don't forget to VOTE. <3