Chapter 1

No part of this story is authorized to be replicated in any manner, by you, or anyone at anytime.

In simpler terms, DON'T COPY MY WORK YO! Sorry, just had to make that clear.

Authors note: This story is going to have some action, romance, suspense, secrets, and much more. Please give it a chance I'll update as frequently as possible. Thank you.

Also, if you have any problems with it please do not hesitate to message me to let me know. Or comment. That's good too. Haha, anyways. I hope you enjoy it.

~

Chapter 1

You know those moments in life where you're so embarrassed that you wish that you were invisible, so that no one could see you or judge you?

Well, yeah, that's me right now. I'm pretty sure I, Astrid Elizabeth Walters, just ruined my life. (Excuse my dramatic mind set.) Right now I'm laying on the cafeteria floor covered today's disgusting display of food, if it can even be called that. Why? Let's rewind a few moments, shall we?

**A Few Moments Earlier**

I walk out of the food line with my tray and prepare to go sit at my usual table. The empty one in the corner. But as I walk he catches my eye. Jared Coles, the definition of perfect. He sits at his table of friends, or as I call them, minions. They follow him around like lost puppies in need of appraisal. And then there are his loyal fan club, complete with your everyday cheerleaders. They worship the very ground he walks on, but I mean who wouldn't. Just look at him. Perfect sandy blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes, wonderfully sculpted muscles, and don't even get me started on his a-

My thoughts were interrupted by, well, a wall. I had just ran into a wall while ogling over Jared Coles. Laughter erupted through out the entire cafeteria. The gravy, or whatever it was, was now running down my Pink Floyd T-shirt like the waterfall of tears that are threatening to spill. Don't do it, Astrid. Don't let them have the satisfaction of seeing you cry.

Great, Astrid, keep talking to yourself. That'll make the situation so much better, won't it? Note the sarcasm.

I got up slowly, as if trying not to be seen. But that didn't help much considering everyone in the room was looking at me. Some people were laughing so hard that they were doubled over clutching their stomachs.

I walked a little faster toward the door of the cafeteria until someone stuck out their foot. Yeah, this isn't going to be fun. I plummeted back onto the floor, but with more force this time. As if someone pushed me as well. I bite my lip to keep from crying out in pain, but it didn't work well. A strangled cry escapes my lips after I lifted my now throbbing head from the ground.

"Aww is she crying?" A high pitched voice mocked from behind me. I rolled my eyes. I immediately recognized the voice as Elly White. Or in other words bitch, slut, street walker, and the list goes on my friend. I glanced at her for just a moment and walked out the doors with the last ounce of pride I had left. I tried to get through the halls quickly to avoid the quiet chuckles of my fellow students and the sympathetic glances from the teachers. Who, by the way, do absolutely nothing about anything that happens. But this is supposedly a "Bully-Free Zone". I scoffed at the thought. I pushed through the doors of the Lady's bathroom, to clean my self up.

***

After an abundant amount of paper towels, soap, and an uplifting pep talk, to which I received from myself. Yeah, I know. I should really take care of that 'Talking To Myself' problem. I grabbed my things and went to my Physical Science Class.

Before entering I gripped my books tighter to my chest and took a deep breath. Mr.Arnett doesn't do well with late students. He's like a Nazi when it comes to tardiness.

"Miss Walters, you're late." His voice rang the moment I walked in. I sighed, resisting the urge to roll my eyes. "I'm aware of that Mr. Arnett." I said, the annoyance clear in my tone. "Well, maybe you can make it up by answering my question." He paused. " What is Newton's first law?" He smirked thinking that I didn't know the answer but I did. Pshh, this is easy. "An object in motion will stay in motion, unless acted upon by a greater force." I stated matter-of-factly without a moments hesitation. His smirk dropped and he looked down at his paper, fiddling with his pen. "That is correct. Take your seat." He said his voice low. I smiled a little, I've gained some of my pride back.

But then I look over and a girl is showing a video of me with the food all over my shirt, and me being tripped. Yeah, you know what I said about gaining my pride back? Well, it's gone now.

***

After my last class I was absolutely drained. The day drug on slowly, and I'm just ready to go home and curl up on my couch with a good book. But before I leave, I make a pit stop at the Lady's room.

While washing my hands I glance up at myself in the mirror. For a moment I thought "I could be pretty." But then I straightened up and took another look. I'm average height for my age, about 5'5 or 5'6 maybe. I have long light brown hair that falls in loose curls down to my lower back. I'm skinny, but I don't have much of a figure. The bridge of my nose and my cheek bones are decorated with freckles, courtesy of the many summers I spent selling lemonade in my front yard. It wasn't even good lemonade. My eyes are bright green, probably the only thing I like about myself. Even though they are framed with glasses. I'm bland, but I have beautiful eyes. That's a plus I guess.

Once I found my car keys in the waste land that is my back pack, I began the 20 minute drive home. On the way there I thought of what my mother might be making for dinner. We never eat out, she cooks a homemade meal every night. She makes the best tuna noodle casserole. My parents are pretty much the image of All-American family. She's a stay at home mom, while my dad goes to work everyday and, as he says, brings home the bacon. My father works for a small town Law firm. I, on the other hand, enjoy sitting in my room reading, writing poetry, or doing what I do best. Sleep. We live in a quaint little neighborhood in New Jersey. I'm planning to go to NYU after I graduate later this year. Probably just go into Law like my father. He would like that. My life isn't very interesting but that's how I like it.

I pull into my drive way and park my car. I grab the mail on the way to the door. "Mom, those Healthy Home magazines you ordered are here." I yelled as I shut the front door behind me. The house is silent. "Mom? Dad? Are you home yet?" I grab my phone out of my pocket to call her when a hand clamps onto my mouth and I'm dragged around the corned and into our coat closet. The person holding me is a man. I can feel his chest against my back, his breaths are as fast as mine. His unfamiliar voice begins to whisper in my ear.

"Listen carefully, your parents are dead." His voice is low and husky.

My eyes widen in shock and fear. My parents are dead? I start to thrash around struggling against his grasp, but he only holds me tighter. "Listen to me damn it!" He pauses a moment. "There's no time to explain at the moment, the people who murdered your parents are still in here and I am under strict instructions to get you out." Wait, what? Under strict instructions by who? I don't have time to ask, because he continues. "We are gonna go down in the basement and sneak out that tiny window near the ceiling, after that we will make a dash for the woods behind your house. Once we've reached the outskirts of the woods there will be as road there with a car waiting. I'll explain the rest then." He whispers even lower a he removes his hand from my mouth and turns me around and I look at him for the first time. "Do you trust me?" He asks. I hesitate for a moment just observing him. Broad shoulders, jet black hair, and striking Blue and Green eyes. To be quite honest he looked scary with the leather jacket and the gun visibly peaking out of the holster strapped to his side. "Is it okay to answer no?" I ask my voice cracking. I was now feeling the full force of his words hit me like a raging wave in the ocean. My parents are gone. All I have in the world is gone. I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I tried to bite them back but it wasn't working too well. "Come on sweetheart. We don't have time for that." He whispered wiping the tears and giving me a look that said 'Are you ready?' And I nodded back. I'm as ready as I'll ever be.