Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The next morning my eyes fluttered open to most beautiful sight I could have asked to wake up to. Ashton. His arm around me feels like it should have been there my whole life. Its funny how I feel more safe with him, a person that I've only known for a few months, than I did with my own parents. With my head and that's all that into his chest I can hear his steady heart beat. I could sit here and listen to that sweet rhythm all day. But much to my dismay I had to use the bathroom. I slip my arm out from under his, and try to escape this maze. Somehow we managed to become a big pile of limbs during the night.

And if you're wondering,

No. We did not have sex.

After I finally broke free from his hold I lifted his arm off of my waist so that I could finally get up, but his grip tightened as I was beginning to stand up. "No. Don't leave. Don't ruin this perfect moment." he murmured without even opening his eyes, his voice husky and sleep ridden. Much to my bladders protest, I laid back down and cuddled into his chest again. I sighed in content and nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck. I was just about to doze off again, when Ashton began trailing kisses from my jaw line, and down my neck, all the way to my collar bone. I tilted my head back and leaned into his embrace. I let my eyes flutter closed as his lips danced on my skin. "I want to stay right here, in this moment, forever." He said hugging me closer to his chest, if possible.

"Forever is an inaccurate statement, nothing good lasts. And nothing at all lasts forever. There isn't, and never will be, a forever. Its a simple fact." I stated.

Damn it. I just had to ruin the moment didn't I?

But it's true. One day, maybe not in this generation or even the next, the world will end. In a crazy environment altering storm, or for all we know it could be the fucking zombies. Or i could be killed by the same people who killed my mom and dad..

You never know.

"Why do you always block the good things out like that? I know that we're not in the best of circumstances at the time but that doesn't mean you have to turn away from every good thing that you have in life." He says looking at me with a hint of disappointment in his beautiful eyes. I let his words sink in, and he's right . He is probably the best thing that has happened to me since this whole thing started . And I'm pushing him away like he means absolutely no thing. Which I know is not true , I love him and I didn't know that loving someone this much was even possible. Everytime I think of him my heart races. He is what I want.

No, he is what I need.

I look over at him, and touches cheek where the stubble has grown but not too much. "You're right.." I trail off looking down in disappointment. He grabs my chin with the tip of his fingers. "Hey, are you alright? You're not going to anything stupid are you?" He says, with worrisome eyes. It takes me a moment to remember what he is talking about. That night at the hotel, when I had a full on mental breakdown. I understand his concern, because in that moment I would have welcomed death with open arms. I had nothing in life to look forward to.

"No, of course not." I pause for a moment. "I have something to live for now." Or someone, rather.

He looks me in the eyes, and doesn't say a word. He just places a soft kiss on my forehead. If this is what love feels like, I might wanna stick around.

***

After getting dressed, I walk down stairs to meet Ashton and Lee in the hallway by the entrance of the house. As I get closer to the hallway I hear their hushed voices.

"I can't, Lee! Not yet." Ashton said clearly trying not to raise his voice, in fear of someone hearing what they are saying.

"When the fuck do you plan on telling her then?" Lee shouts. I stop just before entering the hall. "Would you keep it down, holy fucking shit man, do you want her to hear us?!" Ashton replies, his voice still hushed. "You know what? Yeah. I do want her to hear, but I'll leave it to you to crush her heart." Lee said, his voice so low I can barley hear it. I choose then to walk in, and Ashton's fist is raise but when I enter he drops his hand at his side. "Don't want me to hear what?" I asked with a determined voice, and arms crossed over my chest. Ashton looked over to Lee, who was looking at the ground, and shot him a glare. Ashton takes a step towards me. "There's something I should tell you. My-"

He is interrupted by a knock at the door..

********************

Author's note :

Awwuh shit..

Who could that be guys?

And what do you think Ashton has to tell her?

Sorry for the cliffhanger.

Love you guys so much, thank you for sticking with me.

KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING. ♡

AND TELL ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT THIS. SPREAD THE WORD!

By the way, Follow me on twitter, I'll follow back.♡♡

@Tart61198

Thanks loves!