Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I see nothing. My eyes are covered by some type of cloth, a bandana maybe. I can hear a lot of things though. The loud thumping of my heart, distant voices, and rushing water. We have to be near a river, or a stream. Maybe even a waterfall. Holy mother of monkey milk, they're going to drown me. That's it I'm done for. I've gotta get out of here. I'm trying to identify where I am, but with a blind fold and a head ache? It's not that easy, quite frustrating really.

I woke up hours ago. I started screaming at the top of my lungs for someone to help me. Yeah, that was mistake. Someone hit me in the head with something. Sorry I can't be more vivid but I'm basically blind right now.

I hear footsteps and focus in on the voices. "We'll transfer her to Damien tomorrow morning." A deep, gruff voice said from just ahead. I slumped over to act like I was asleep. "Why not tonight?" A voice that sounds like a woman said. There was a moment of silence.

"Because he's dealing with her mother at the moment." The man said. I felt my hearts skip a beat. What does he mean by 'deal' with my mother? Does that mean she's still alive?

I didn't get my answer. I heard a few muffled bangs. Then something fell on the floor so hard that I felt it from a crossed the room. I lay there as still as possible in fear of being..oh, I don't know killed, maybe. Again. Note the sarcasm.

The blind fold is ripped from my face, but I dot have the courage to open my eyes. A hand touches my cheek softly. "Astrid, shh it's me." My eyes bolt open, and standing before me is a beaten battered version of Ashton. The bodies of the people who took me are lying motionless on the ground a few feet behind him. Without thinking I throw my arms around his neck and hug him like I've know him my whole life. He winces and I immediately back up a little. "I'm sorry." I say, my voice is low and raspy. My throat is really dry. "It's fine. Come on." He helps me up and cuts the zip tie that was restraining me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond happy that Ash is here. But I was kind of hoping that I would be like one of those badass girls in the movies who save them selves. Maybe someone could have written a book about me.

We run out the back door of the building to an old car that I've never seen before. Once we get in I sigh in relief. I'm safe. We're safe.

I look over at him, he still seems tense. "How did you find me?" I ask to break the uncomfortable silence. He glanced over at me for just a moment. "Damien is predictable. He has four places that he takes people." He paused, keeping his eyes on the road. "I just got lucky and chose the right one." How does he know this? Oh, well. He smiled a little. Even when he's all bruised up he is still very attractive. This probably isn't the right time to think about this but he is better than Jared Coles. He has broad shoulders and nice build. You can tell he spends most of his spare time working out. He has a scar right above his eyebrow, it looks like it was painful. It extends up into his hairline. Oddly, I find it attractive. "Done checking me out sweetheart?" He asked glancing at me through the corner of his eye. I scoffed. "I was not checking you out." I said sheepishly crossing my arms over my chest. "Whatever you say, Princess." He said as e brought his hand over and patted my thigh. I felt myself blushing. "Princess?" I said after laughing a little. He looked over and smirked. "Why not?" He said mocking my words from when I gave him the nick name 'Ash'. I think I might like him.

Author'a Note:

So guys..? How do you think he knows all this about Damien?

Do you guys like the idea of them possible being together in the future?

Tell me what you guys think, and don't forget to COMMENT & VOTE!

Thanks guys. <3

-Terra