Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Holy mother of monkey milk..

His father...

The man who killed my parents...

The same person...

But it kind of makes sense. That's how he knew so much about him. How he knew where Damien had hidden me. The resemblance, it's so clear now. The face, the body structure. Everything.

And there it is, like a slap to the face.

I leaned up against the wall on the opposite side of him. I suddenly felt the urge to run away. To run away from the person I love the most in this world, that's a gut twisting feeling. My mind whirling with questions by I can't form a coherent thought to speak at the moment.

After minutes of silence, I finally said in a low whisper "Why?" He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't know what I meant.

"Why the fuck didn't you tell me?" shouted this time. He didn't say anything he just sat there, looking at his shoes. Anger boiled up in my stomach and I was about storm off and punch a wall or something when he lifted his head. "I was afraid." He said in a whisper. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Of what." I said as calmly as possible but the annoyance in my voice was still there.

"Of this!" He shouted, making hand gestures to our current situation. "Of losing you! I know. I fucking know that I should have told you. And believe me, I was planning on it from the moment I came to terms with my feelings for you, but it's not as easy as you think it is. God, I don't know how to do this whole relationship thing." He paused, and ran his fingers through his hair.

" I wasn't afraid before you. I could have stood in front of my father and put the gun in his hand and not be bothered in the slightest. But now, I'm afraid. I'm afraid that he'll find us. That he'll find you. I'm afraid of letting you out of my sight, but I'm also afraid of loving you. To be honest, I'm fucking terrified..." He finished.

I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered.

I don't say another word. I take the few steps that we're between us and wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his shoulder. He remains still for a moment before wrapping his arms tightly around my waist hides his face in my hair. I have a bit of trouble breathing considering how tightly, his arms are around me, but I don't dare move.

In the long silence that follows I notice that his shoulders shake a bit. I take me a moment to realize exactly, but I think that he may be crying. And just the thought of him crying makes me want to sob like a teenaged girl at a One Direction concert. I clamp my eyes shut and softly twirl his hair in my fingers. And even though he has just told me the most horrifying news, I realize that I love him more in this moment than I ever have.

" Ehhem." Someone clears their throat at the doorway. I lifted my head to see Lee standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. " Sorry to break up this.." He brings his hands to his chest, just over his heart, and puts on a soft expression. "..This beautiful, heartfelt moment, but I'm starving to death. Can't you see? I'm withering away to nothing!" Ashton and I burst into a fit of hysterical laughter. "Are you laughing because you think I'm fat? I am sincerely offended." Lee said and turned to walk away.

After we were done laughing Ashton looked at me with a sudden seriousness.

" Are we good? I mean... are you good with me? " He asked, searching my face for some sign of anger.

" I'm disappointed at the fact that you didn't tell me," I paused and he looked down at his shoes. ", but I'm glad that I heard it from you and not someone else."

He looked up at me expectantly and I said. " So yes, we're good." he nodded and wrapped his arms around my waist and just held me for a moment.

I love him. I do, so much it hurts sometimes. I think that's why I get the urge to run away. Because if one day he has just changed his mind about the way he feels about me, I just don't know if I could handle that. Or if he gets killed because of all this. His father is after ME, not him. And if he gets hurt, the blood is on my hands. Still holding on to me, he whispers. "I love you."

A single silent tear rolled down my cheek. "I love you too," I pause to regain my strength. "So, so much." I whispered to hide the break in my voice.

I didn't do a very good job because he looked up at me with confusion and worry mixed in his breathtaking emerald eyes. He took my face in his hands and cupped my cheeks with them. " Listen to me, everything will be okay. I won't let him hurt you. I promise, okay?" He said, his tone very serious. I didn't say anything in fear that I would sound weak, so I just nodded. He rested his forehead on mine and I clamped my eyes shut.

I heard footsteps again, but didn't bother to look up. I felt a hand on my face so I opened my eyes to Lee physically pulling us apart.

" How many times to I have to tell you douchers that I'm starving to death. Come on now, chop chop. No more time for dilly dallying." He said in exaggerated drama, and snapped his fingers in a Z formation on the way out. After a short giggle fit. Ashton and I made our way to the door. Only then did I hear the growling of my stomach demanding to be nourished.

Author's note :

So guys. This is a serious matter....

I GOT TO 1K!!!!!!

I want to thank you all so much for the votes, and just for simply taking the time to read the words that I have written.

But.

^Yes, indeed, there is a but. (Not butt, but.) Hahaha. Yeah..

I'm really not funny.

But anyways!

I need you guys to comment and vote more, how am I supposed to continue the story if I'm not getting any feedback?

How do I know you guys like it?

Pllleeeeeaaaasssseeee

☆VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE☆

♡COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT♡

~Terra