Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"That's the thing, Ashton. I don't think I even want to live anymore."

And I mean it. Every word.

I'm drained.

Mentally, and physically. I'm done, with all of this. Everything. I don't want to run anymore, because quite frankly at this moment in time I could care less if they killed me. I have no more fight left in me. The pain has become unbearable. I can't stand this aching feeling in my chest. I've lost everything, so I don't see the point in trying anymore.

Right now dying seems like the best option...

I feel his strong fingers on my chin, forcing me to look him in the eye.

"Don't say that. Your parents died, not you! So stop living as if your dead. I want to help you, god damn it. You may not care weather you live it die but I do. I care, Astrid." His eyes aren't sympathetic. They're stern, like an authority figure.

Though his words are meant to help me, they actually make it worse. More tears are falling now. His words are hard to hear because..

Believe it or not...

..I may or may not be in love with him. I've known him for such a short time, but I've never felt this way before. (All cheesiness aside.) I can't form a coherent thought without his sexy sideways smirk popping into my head. But right now those thoughts are being clouded by an immense amount of depression. I can't shake this feeling that I'll wake up tomorrow morning in my bed, and say hello to my parents while we eat breakfast. I know that that's not going to happen, you don't have to tell me twice, but a girl can hope right?

When I was a kid I took things like that for granted. I thought waking up and having to sit at the table and eat breakfast was stupid. I wanted to eat in my room where I was comfortable being alone. But now? I would kill to sit there with my parents, and have painfully awkward conversations, while eating my moms heavenly buttermilk pancakes. It was her specialty. Dad always loved breakfast the most.

I look down at the ugly shade of green that covers the carpet. He speaks up again. "One more time." He says. I look at him in confusion and wait for him to continue. "We're gonna run one more time, okay? I promise this will be the last time. We'll go out of the country. Get new names, we can be free. Just do this one more time. Please." I look back up to his pleading eyes. I bring my hand up to his face, as if to thank him, and stroke the stubble that has appeared on his jaw line. "Fine. Just once more." I whisper defeatedly. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. "I can't tell you that everything will be okay, because I'm not certain that it will. But I can promise you that I will do everything in my power to keep you safe." He says in conclusion, placing a tender kiss on my forehead. My heart pounds in my chest a little faster. And in that moment, through all the pain, I want nothing more than to kiss him, and tell him how I feel.

So I do.

Before he can walk away I grab his arm and he turns around with a confused expression. I don't even give him a chance to ask what I'm doing. I snake my arms around his neck and just before I close the space between us I look at him, searching for any sign of disagreement. I don't see any, but before I can take charge he does. The gap between us in nonexistent now. His lips move perfectly in sync with mine, this is beautiful bliss.

Before now I was completely against any type of kissing, I mean why would you want to stick your tongue down someone else's throat. But now that I'm experiencing it...wow.

Why have I not done this before? Oh right, because I'm an anti-social hermit crab. I would have never thought about kissing anyone other than a handsome looking bowl of popcorn.

That's pretty sad. I'm ashamed of how little I've experienced.

His hands are firmly on my hips, while mine are exploring his muscular back. My skin feels like its on fire, and all of my senses are alive. If I would have know that exchanging saliva would feel like this I wouldn't have waited this long. This isn't too bad.

Oh who am I kidding, this is amazing!

All too soon he pulls away. Look up at him and see a huge grin on his face. He holds on to me as if I would disappear into thin air at any moment. And I'm glad he is holding me so tightly, because if he wasn't I feel like might just fly away.

"We should probably go." He said never braking eye contact.

I nod trying to suppress my inner girly girl from showing. I look calm on the outside but I'm shouting and giggling like a school girl on the inside.

That was one hell of a first kiss.

Authors note:

So sorry for the short chapter but I thought that this was the perfect way to end it.

Soooooooo what do you guys think?

THEY KISSED! :D <3

COMMENT &VOTE.

Thanks, I love you all!