Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A few hours later we arrived at a tiny little cabin. We walked up a little hill to get to it. We left the car at the bottom of the hill, so if they found it they wouldn't know to go up the hill. Well, and because the car is a piece of shit, it probably wouldn't make it up the hill.

We walked in and he showed me around. How he knew so many places to go was beyond me. Does he own all of these houses?

The cabin is small, just a living room/ kitchen, and one bedroom. The living room, doubling as a kitchen, has a brown leather couch and a chair to match. It also has a mini-fridge, and a microwave. Not much of a kitchen. The floors were a beautiful chestnut brown color with white engravings of vines around the perimeter of the room. In the front of the living room there was a huge bay window over looking the hills. About a mile away I could see a small lake with crystal blue water. I have the sudden urge to swim. Remind me to do that before we leave. Whenever that will be.

He slowly walked over to the couch, wincing as he held his side. I walked over and sat on the couch next to him. "May I?" I asked gripping the hem of his shirt so I could could look. "If you wanted me to take off my shirt all you had to do was ask princess." He said smiling through the pain. I glared at him for a moment before pulling up his shirt. I gasped at the sight, a large dark bruise covering his ribs and spreading a bit to chest. "Oh my. Ashton." I said my voice soft. I gently place my hand on his chest, it's hard to focus because he looks like a freaking Abercrombie model. My eyes move up to see that he is already looking at me. "It's not that bad. Are you alright, you mentioned that they hit you?" There was anger in his voice now. And without thinking I leaned in and kissed in cheek, my hand still on his chest. I could feel his heart beat quicken. "I'm fine, thanks to you." I said with newly found confidence. He smiled placing his hand on mine, removing it from his chest. "You take the bed, I'll take the couch." He said because the is only one bedroom in this cabin. "Absolutely not, you're in more pain than I am. I'll sleep on the couch." I said stubbornly. He sighed. "If you insist." He said dragging his feet on the way to the room. I could tell he was quite exhausted. But before he left I remembered something I needed to ask. "Oh, I uh heard them talking about something." I paused, and he looked back at me. "The people who took me, they were talking about my mother. They said that Damien was busy 'dealing' with her. Do you think she could be.." I trailed off looking down at my feet. "Alive?" He asked and I nodded slowly, not ready for the answer. He continued. "I'm sorry if they have you false hope. But I saw her, lying on the floor at your house just before you arrived." He said giving me a sympathetic look. I didn't supply an answer, I just nodded and walked to where I would be sleeping. The little spark of hope I had was just blown out.

***

After hours of tossing and turning on this poor excuse for a couch, I had come to the conclusion that I am stupid. Stupid for not taking the bed.

"Fuck!" I screamed when a spring stabbed me in my ribs. Mine pulled up the side of my shirt to examine it. The bedroom door swung open, revealing a very flustered, half naked Ashton. He was shirtless, with a pair of shorts hanging low on his hips. I was so busy staring at him that I almost didn't hear what he said. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He said, the concern clear in his voice, while coming closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm great. It's just this damn couch. " I said looking at the cut on my ribs. I felt heat rush to my face when I saw his eyes skimming over my body. I pull the shirt down and settled my self back on the couch. "I'm alright, sorry for waking you. You can go back to sleep." I said. He opened the door a little wider. "You can come sleep on the bed, it's huge. I won't bite, I promise." He put his hands up in defense. I hesitantly got up. I pulled down the shirt I wore to bed, and walked in. "Hands to yourself buddy." I said laying down on the right side of the bed. He chuckled laying down on the other side.

***

When I woke I felt great, energized. I haven't had a good night of sleep like this in quite a while. I looked out the window, still not moving from my spot, to see that the sun was already high in the sky. It must be late morning, early afternoon maybe.

I attempt to get up, but an arm is draped a crossed my stomach. I smile, and turn around to face him. His eyes start to flutter but he's still asleep. "Ashton." I say poking his nose. No response. "Ashton. Wake up sleeping beauty." I whispered. This time he woke up, squinting at me. "Really? Sleeping beauty?" He said, his voice husky, and sleep ridden. I laughed. "Do you mind removing your arm so I can get up?" I asked. He looked down, and removed his arm. "Oh sorry." He said sheepishly. The tone on his cheeks started to change. "Are you blushing?" I said sitting up, looking at him expectantly. "No! I don't blush!" He said getting up out of bed. My self control was getting thinner and thinner just looking at him. He's practically made of muscle and sex appeal. "Who's blushing now, Princess?" He said. Oh god. I really need to start checking him out more discretely. "I don't blush." I stated confidently mocking his words. I didn't wait for him to reply, I just walked out of the room with an extra sway in my hips.

So guys, what do you think? Should I bring in new people?

I still want opinions on Astrid and Ashton possibly being together.

Sorry I haven't updated as often as I'd like to. I don't have a reliable internet source.

VOTE & COMMENT!

Thanks,

Terra <3