Chapter 29.

Nikki's POV

Carly is fast asleep, we talked for hours about her Dad. She's more torn up about it than she lets on. She told me where he lives and the more I sit here, the angrier I get. He broke her fucking heart, again. I can't just sit here and let him get away with hurting her.

After an hour of just laying here, I got up and slipped my shoes on. I grabbed my shirt and pulled that on. I grabbed my keys and walked out the door. I got in my car and started driving. I am not letting him get away with breaking my girls heart.

Seeing her so heartbroken, hearing her sob like that, it struck a cord in me. It broke my heart to see her so broken. I stepped on the gas and sped towards his home. My hands gripped even tighter on the steering wheel, so tight that my knuckles are turning white.

I finally saw him home come into view and I pulled up in front of his house and got out. I slammed my car door and walked up to his door. I pounded my fist on it and stepped back to wait for him. When he didn't answer right away, I slammed my fist on the door harder than before.

Finally, the door opened up to a very confused Terry. It looks like he was asleep. He opened the storm door.

"What?" He snapped.

"You know, I tried to give you a chance. I really did. I didn't get a good vibe off you when we met but, I tried to brush those feelings away because of how happy Carly was, but you fucking blew it." I said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I'm talking about bailing on Carly, again." I replied. "She told me about how you are, I knew you wouldn't follow through. You didn't see her yesterday. You fucking ripped her heart out!" I yelled.

"Look, Nikki, is it?" He asked. "I'm tired, I'm trying to sleep. Just go back home." He said.

"No, I'm not fucking finished! How hard is it to be a father?! It's not that hard! All she wants from you is to see her and you can't even do that!" I yelled.

He scoffed. "You know nothing about me, so just go home." He said.

"I know a lot about you, ya fucking alcoholic piece of shit." I said. "Carly told me all about you, I know exactly who you are." I spat.

"I'm giving you one last warning to go home." He said.

"Warning? What are you gonna do? Hit me? I'm sure that'll make Carly really thrilled to hear that not only, you suck as a Father, but that you also hit her boyfriend to top things off." I said.

He shook his head. "You think she wants you? Really? Look at you. You're some junkie in a shitty rock band. If you think she'll stay with you, you're stupider than I thought." He said.

"She does want me. But, I'm angry with you for multiple reasons. Because of you, not only does she have a shitty taste in men prior to me, but she can't open up to people because she's afraid they'll abandon her just like her own Father abandons her all the time." I said.

"Butt out of mine and Carly's relationship." He said.

"What relationship?! You're never there for her!" I yelled. "Fuck you! Why did you even come yesterday? Just to tear her down more?!" I continued.

He shook his head and I saw him clench his fist. He swung at me but, before he could connect, I leaned back and then shoved him up against the door. I threw a punch that nailed him in his eye.

I shook my fist and took a deep breath. "Listen to me, I never want you to come near Carly again. You'll only hurt her further and she's dealt with enough heart break." I said sternly. "You're a piss poor excuse for a Father." I added on and turned to walk away.

"You think you're any better?!" He yelled after me. I turned around to face him. "I saw the track marks on your arms, you're even worse for her!" He yelled.

"Well, at least I'm there for her. That's more than you can say." I spat.

I got in my car and drove off. I feel so much better now that I got all that shit off my chest. How fucking dare he judge me when he knows nothing about me but, I know all I need to know about him. Fucking piece of shit.

I quickly made it back to my place and parked. I got out and quietly walked back inside. I locked my front door and slipped my shoes off. I put my keys on the coffee table and walked back to my bedroom to see Carly still sleeping.

I smiled at her as I took off my shirt and my leather pants. I slipped on boxers and climbed into bed.

As I did, Carly stirred and woke up. She looked up at me and rubbed her eyes.

"Is something wrong, baby?" She asked, her voice still raspy. Which, is really fucking adorable.

"Nope. Nothing's wrong, Bambi. Go back to sleep." I replied and kissed her forehead.

She smiled and shut her eyes, cuddling close to my chest. I decided to stay awake and just rub her back, so she'd fall back asleep quicker.

"Nikki?" She asked.

I looked down at her, she looks like she's already half asleep. "Yeah, babe?" I replied.

She cuddled closer to me. "I love you." She murmured.

My eyes went wide and my heart started slamming against my chest. Does she really mean that? Or is she talking in her sleep? I've waited so long to hear her say it back. She finally said it to me.

"I love you, too." I said quietly.

I smiled and relaxed into her. She's all I need, I've never felt more at ease with another person. I'm not a religious guy, but I'm silently praying to everything I can possibly pray to that she wasn't just talking in her sleep. I want more than anything for her to let her walls down for me. I hope she finally did.

(A/N: Oooo! Lots of stuff went down this chapter! Leave predictions on what you think the next chapter will be! You never know, I might use it😉Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)