Chapter 4.

Carly's POV

I got off the bus and pushed my clothes rack into the arena. I put it in the dressing room, I made sure to just put cards on their outfits with their names on it, so I don't have to be around them. I walked back out and I heard music being played from the stage. I followed the music and ended up at the side of the stage.

I looked out at the stage and the boys are all playing. "You're all I need, make you only mine." Vince sang. I smiled a little. Nikki looked over and caught my gaze. He gave me a smile. I felt my heartbeat pick up and I gave him a timid smile before turning and walking the other direction.

I don't know what it is, but he makes my heart race. It doesn't happen with the other boys, I mean, I get anxious but, not the way I get around Nikki. I've known him for 3 days now and it hasn't gotten easier, if anything it gets harder.

I sat down in one of the empty chairs and got out my pack of cigarettes. I lit one and exhaled the smoke. I got out my book from my bag that I carry with me and opened it up to my bookmark. I crossed my legs and placed the book on my legs. I started to read and took another drag of my cigarette and breathed it out.

"Bambi!" Nikki's voice broke me from reading. I looked up and saw him walking over to me. He sat down in the other chair. "I got us to play that song for sound check for you, you didn't stay to listen." He said.

I took another drag. "For me?" I asked and exhaled the smoke. "Why for me?" I asked.

"What you told me at the hotel last night. That song is about cheating." He said. I smiled a little. "I thought it'd make you feel a bit better." He said.

"I know what the song is about. I was still listening. You did really well." I said and took another drag from my cigarette. "Thank you." I said.

He smiled a little. "Don't mention it. I know what it's like to be cheated on. That's how I wrote the song. I pulled from personal experience." He said. I exhaled the smoke.

"You got cheated on?" I asked.

"Yeah, why is that so shocking?" He chuckled.

It's so shocking because he's so attractive. He's successful, he's an amazing some writer, he's very charming. Well, he's charming when he's not angry. That's crazy to me.

"I don't know." I said quietly. There's no way in hell I'm going to say all of that out loud. He'll never let me hear the end of it.

"Why're you so shy? Lots of people try to talk to you, it's rare you actually keep a conversation with people." He questioned.

I sighed and put my cigarette out. I put my bookmark in and shut my book and put it away. "I was diagnosed with severe anxiety. I have a hard time talking to people. It's a miracle that I'm actually talking to you." I said. "I have a hard time being around people, it takes a while for me to actually be comfortable around anyone. Being alone is like paradise to me." I said.

Where the fuck did all of that come from? I don't know why I just blabbed all of that to Nikki, someone I don't even know.

"I'm sorry you go through that." He said. I looked up at his face and he looks sympathetic. "I wanna get to know you more." He said and stood up. I furrowed my eyebrows. "I wanna know the Bambi underneath the anxiety." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked and stood with him. He smiled wide.

"You and I are gonna go back to my hotel room and drink. Drink so much that we forget our names and talk." He said. My eyes widened.

"No, I can't–" "Yes you can and you are." Nikki cut me off. "After the show tonight, go to my hotel room. I'm getting us drinks and we'll see where it goes." He said and winked at me. He got his hotel key out of his pocket and handed it to me.

I felt my heartbeat pick up and I started to shake. "Don't worry, we'll have fun." Nikki said and have me a smile before walking off towards the dressing rooms. I looked down at the key in my hand.

God, what have I gotten myself into?

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye🧸)