Unexpected and Unfortunate

Kl's POV

The last day of the tour and I am off to Paris for meeting my Shruti. I have been lucky enough to be forgiven by her. Any other girl would have left me right then and there.

My performance in the England tour was horrible and today...I got out for 149 . I am not happy. These runs mean nothing if you can't make your team win.

Rishabh was still batting . I don't know where the match would go. I received a call from Shruti. I took it immediately.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Salut!"(Hi!)

Was this French? Well I don't care.

"Where are you?" She asked me. "I am in the pavilion...we are close to losing the match" I said.

"Sorry...to be slefish and show lack of sympathy right now..I have two really great news to give you...! When I mean great! They are great!"

She was literally shouting from the other line . I get it. Those are realted to her career.

I am excited too. I really am.

"What is it?" I asked.

I could hear take up deep breaths . O chuckled.

"Say!"

"Guess...where am I?" She asked. Where is she?

"In Paris" I gave the obvious answer. She huffed. "Yeah..but where in Paris?"

Where in Paris? How will I know that dumbhead.

"Shruti...am I your GPS?" I asked. She started laughing. "No.."
She was turning on the anxiety in me. Come on girl say it! Say it!

"I am....in...Notre Dame!...I got the Notre Dame project Kl....my dream came true!!!" When the words registered in my head.

"It's AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!" I screamed on top of my voice. Mahi Bhai and Hardik looked at me disgusted. I gave a quick apology. They smirked at me.

"Yeh hain jawaan pyaar ka Matlab"(This is the real meaning of young love...) Mahi Bhai teased. I became red.

"Mahi Bhai..."

"Carry on Bhai...no problem.." he was so chilled out. On field and now off field too. Thank God it was not in front of the skipper or else he would have shredded me into pieces. No offense but he is really serious about cricket.

"Kl...are you there?" She asked. I came back from my thinking.

"Yeah yeah...I am there..say" I told her to carry on.

"Was that Mahi Bhai teasing you?" She asked.

I glanced at him again. "Yeah...aur kaun hoga?..."(Yeah..who else will it be?) I replied and heard her chuckle.

"Now what is the second one?" I asked. But did not get any reply.

"Hello...Kl...are you there?" She asked. She did not hear me I guess.

"Hello...I am there..." I answered biyf she could not hear me. The network of Paris was awful. At last the call disconnected. I sighed. Paris wanted me there and that is for sure.

Hardik looked at me.

"Kyu? Network Pyaar ke beech agaya?" (What happened? Network issues came between love?) I gave him a death glare. He shrugged.