Promises

Rahul's POV

What just happened? As soon as Shruti left everyone looked at me. I was in a puddle.

She just left me like that? To face others?.

Shruti's POV

I came to the dressing room. I was embarrassed to the power infinity. All I wanted was to go to the hotel as soon as possible. The players came to the dressing room one by one. I saw Kl. He was looking at me like I have murdered someone. I went to talk to him.

"Kl..."

"We would talk about this later" was all he said. His voice was filled with anger. I didn't know what to do. I obliged to his words.

We reached the hotel. The environment was extremely awkward. As soon as we entered the room I locked the door. Kl turned to me sharply.

"You just left me there alone?" He asked to be honest shouted.

"What could I have done? Do you even realize what you have done? Now this would go all viral. I would be on the headlines!!!" I shouted back. What did he think if himself? Only he was feeling awkward?

"Wow...just because you felt awkward and the feeling of you being on the headlines scared you that's why you left me and went...you could have at least put up a fake show smiled or do something else...." He said going and sitting on the bed.

Now I understand what he means to say..." It hurt your ego isn't it?" I asked. He looked at me the same look he had given me in the dressing room.

"Don't relate everything with my ego.." I rolled my eyes.

Rahul's POV

Ego? Yeah yeah she would say this now to cover up her msitakes. My anger was rising with one word she was saying.

"Not relate everything with your ego ? Then what will I do? Like every other timid girl oblige to her fiance? I am not like that okay" she replied.

This took the worst of me. I said something which I later on regreted like hell.

"Why are you like this?!" I slammed my hand on the night stand...Shit! It was my playing hand.

"I never had problems like this with Shraddha! Why are you so special? Huh? Who are you? Not even a celeb like her!"

Shruti's POV

Did he just say that? Or my ears are ringing? Did he compare me to Shraddha? After so much Shraddha?? What not I do for him!

I did not know when my eyes started streaming. Why was I so vulnerable?.

I did not reply anything.

"It's pretty late Kl...just sleep...you have matches ahead" I went to the washroom. Banged the door shut. The sound was too loud to be normal.

Rahul's POV

Her eyes were steaming. I never saw her cry like this. Was that statement too much? Kl!! When will you have senses?

I sighed and unlocked my phone to see Instagram posts full of both of our PDA. I gulped. Then my eyes landed on the username.

It was a post from @kxipofficial. With our picture and the caption as:

'Most beautiful and blessed couple of the team. Cricket is all about passion and support and these two represent them perfectly. It's lovely to see you together. May God Bless you both.♥♥♥ @rahulkl @shru_jos'