Winning

Rahul's POV

Mine and Shruti's, Shraddha related problems had come to an end and the IPL 11 league stage had also come to an end. The top four teams were KXIP, CSK, MI and KKR.

CSK had already reached the finals deafeating KKR and we were here to face Mumbai. It's like after four years KXIP had got a chance in the playoffs. I was super happy because I had a good contribution there.

Today was the day! Me vs Hardik. Best friends against each other. If we lost this we were eliminated. If they lost it then they would be eliminated. So it's either Hardik or me.

The environment with the KXIP fans had become awkward since our last match. But still that topic was not brought up again. I wanted Shruti to see the match from the dugout but unfortunately it wasn't allowed. No distractions when you are playing a match.

Shruti's POV

We had reached the knock out round. KXIP vs MI. I did not want Kl to lose neither did I want Hardik. Obviously Kl had more preference than Hardik in my life but still....

We had all taken the seats in the stand when Prieti looked at me. Her face was telling she had planned something different.

"Chal dugout mein bahet te Hain" (Come let's sit in the dugout) she said. My eyes turned wide but I laughed the matter away.

"No.. seriously" she said. She was acting like girls of our age.

"The coaches sit there to give advice to the players what will we do there?" I asked. She just shrugged.

"See...I am experiencing this feeling after four years...come on Shruti...who knows this chance Kal Ho Na Ho...?"(Who knows this time would be there again or not?) She smiled. I laughed seeing how she used her famous dialogue.

"Are you sure they won't say anything?" I asked again. I was being super cautious after the previous incident. She gave me a thumbs up.

"Who is the co owner?" She said . I laughed again. She was really funny.

Rahul's POV

The toss took place and we won it. We would bowl first. Wankhede was a good chasing pitch so...it could work. But who knew that it would be a good total setting pitch too.

Mumbai Indians made 216 losing three wickets only. While playing I hadn't noticed but when I came back to the dugout I saw Shruti and Prieti there gossiping.

I was shocked. How were they here?

"Surprise surprise!!" Prieti said looking at me. Shruti looked at me. I could say she was nervous. Who won't be after the incident we had.

"Rahul...I did not want to interfere....it's just that...Prieti requested..." Shruti tried to explain.

"It's amazing that you came...even I wanted you to see my match from the dugout..." I smiled. She blushed and turned away. My eyebrows furrowed. Why was she blushing?

"But that does not mean you would get out fast would you?" My eyes turned wide with realization. I turned around to see Prieti. She pulled my cheeks hard. Ow!!! I wasn't a baby.

Shruti laughed.

Shruti's POV

Kl came to bat. My heart started racing again. A hard knock was needed from the opening partnership. And it was done. Chris Gayle did 71 off 40 balls. And then Rahul was still there. He was at 72 off 53 balls. After that came Hardik's over. Kl was on fire. He took twenty two runs off him!! Three sixes and one four. I was feeling bad for Hardik . The way he was looking at sixes . Kl was so close to his century. Then came Jasprit Bumrah.