Different

I  and Shruti rose up from the breakfast table to leave. Bhavna di  looked at the us and smiled teasingly. I rolled my eyes.

"Let's go" I told her. She agreed. The first thing we did after coming out was having a quarrel. "What were you thinking huh? Wanted to come in? " She asked me making me remember what I had told her today morning. "So what's the problem? You are my fiance...well leave me look at you? Do you even realize you were to come home by 12 yesterday...I cancelled my late night birthday party for you man!" I shouted at her. It was a way too rude but then we got sometime alone to show my anger and I was going to . It's my birthday after all I should get some attention as a birthday boy.

She looked at me. "Right! You give me so much importance...but Mr Rahul...I could not come at 12 it was impossible! And if you want you can still go to your friends house and chill I don't need to go with you...It's your birthday after all" She was going to go back but I caught her hand.

"You are not going to quarrel on my birthday are you?" I asked with the calmest voice one can derive in this situation. "What are you doing? Cracking a joke? But it's not funny Mr Rahul" She turned her face away. This girl was giving me a headache now. I started walking and pulling her with me. She accompanied but we did not talk. Fifteen minutes passed and we did not even look at each other talking was far away.

"Dekho...tumhara birthday kharab karke toh mujhe kuch nahin milega...so...Sorry...but yeah main apna hisaab zaroor lungi or woh bhi with interest."(See..I would receive nothing by spoiling your birthday...so...Sorry...but yeah I would surely take back the payment and that also with interest.)
She told me without looking at me. "Is it necessary for you to always act like a head mistress?" I asked and saw her cheeks turning red. She laughed. I laughed with her.

"You know what Kl...you are the first one who made me understand how stupid I am..." She spoke this time looking at me. I widespread my arms like I was Alexander the Great or something...to make her realize that.

"For choosing you as my fiance.." and that statement knocked all the swag out of me. She started laughing a little loudly covering her mouth with her hand. I hugged her in return and squeezed her between my arms.

"Let's come to the topic...where to go?" She asked . "My favourite place" I replied.

We arrived at the Mangalore Sports Institution (A/N : Well its an made up name.)

Its the first place where I had started playing cricket at the age of 11. "Mangalore Sports Institution?" Shruti looked at me. "It's my first training ground...." he said. Her eyes were wide. "Really? Wow!!"

"Wanna enter?" She asked. I gulped . "Are you sure? Because I think the people here know me" I answered in the stupidest way one can answer.

"Why are you so nervous when it comes to your fans? You are a public figure...people will love you" She answered. I love the way she consoled me. We entered. I saw the students practise in the nets. Some playing football and others volleyball.

"Go...introduce yourself...like you did when you first me...with your I am Kl Rahul and all" She teased me. "They know me"

I went to the admission desk and everyone stood up as they saw me. They came to me with a pen and paper in their hands. I rolled my eyes. Shruti laughed. "That's what you are assigned to do" she whispered to me.

Almost the whole day went with me playing with the children teaching them joking with them. By the time we came out it was already afternoon. We decide to have lunch in a nearby restaurant.

We were talking about each other's carreer and I saw a tinge of happiness whenever I asked Shruti about her projects she loved to talk about them.

"So..how is your project in Paris going?" I asked. She gave a broad smile. "Its awesome...I just have two last wishes  of my life...I just want them to get fulfilled." She replied. "What are they?"

"I just want to get the Notre Dame renovation project and then I can finally settle and start a family with you" She looked at me with a cute smile. I  was a bit taken aback. "At the peak of your carreer you want to start a family?" I asked.. Shruti looked bewildered. "Are you crazy or something?" She asked. "Why what is the problem in it? And do you believe in those sayings that a family destroys a girls carreer?" She asked. "You are silly Kl" she stiffled a laugh.

We finished our lunch and head out. She stopped midway.

"Something happened?" I asked. "Aas paas koi church Hain Kya?"(Is there a church nearby? ) I nodded and took her to a church.

"Will you come inside?" She asked. "I am better outside" I replied. She smiled and went it.

I waited outside. She was taking a lot of time. She took twenty minutes. She came out and I lashed out at her. "Who take such a long time? What were you doing?" I asked. "A Christian takes time to pray...well Happy Birthday love...may this year be the happiest for you" she kissed me on the cheek and started walking.

For a moment I was frozen. Did she really pray for me? God...in just a span of two years I am to deal with two different people. She is really really different! In a nice...no wonderful way!!