Lucky Charm

Rahul's POV

I woke up as the sunlight pierced through my eyes. It was morning and Shruti was there sleeping beside me . I smiled as last night's memory flashed in my head. We had got carried away. Just then I saw her face. That fair face. She was really tired. This month she would be working all night as she hadn't gotten any holiday. Her eyes had dark circles below them. They were beautiful anyway. I saw the clock it was one minute to the alarm. I wanted to let her sleep. I switched off the alarm just then...my phone rang and Shruti woke up. I looked at her.

"I am so sorry..." I said. She rubbed her eyes and the bedsheets covering her body dropped down. She immediately pulled them up covering herself. I laughed.

I saw my phone. It was Yami video calling. "Yami is video calling" I said. She looked at me.

"You take the call..." She told me as she wore her shirt. I took the call. "Hi guys!" Yami greeted.

"Hey" I said.

"What were you guys doing? I mean I called so many times yesterday at night!" She said. I smiled.

"I went to sleep and Shruti was working" I replied actually lied. She chuckled.

"Well...any comments about marriage guys?" She asked. I could see she was nervous. "Nope not at all...actor marrying an actor what else can we say.." Shruti spoke from behind me. I nodded agreeing with her. "I never thought my...bestie Yami!, Would get married." I said. Shruti laughed whereas Yami pouted.

"Bhabhi(Sister in law) you need to help me with the Christian marriage" Yami requested . Shruti nodded. Yeah yeah like she is a priest isn't it.

"I forgot to tell...it's on fourteenth of June guys" She informed. Shruti looked at me and I at her . The thing we had done when she broke the news of marriage to us. "Kl has his Afghanistan test that day isn't it?" Shruti asked me. I nodded. I wasn't free that day. I hate to drop out from matches. I saw Yami's face fall.

"Are you serious?" She asked me like a child asking his mother for a toffee. "Umm hmm...but don't worry he would surely come...after all its his bestie's wedding" Shruti replied. I looked at her. She wasn't wrong but I wanted to play the test. Well leave...relatives are first because even if cricket goes away they would never leave us.

I gave a smile which made three of us smile. Just then Yami asked something which made me blush like anything.

"Shruti...is that a hickey?" Instantly her hand went to her neck but I never expected such a reply. "No...maybe a mosquito bite" she replied so calmly that Yami could not even question further rather she was taken aback.

"Oh..." Was all she could reply. We had a nice talk and then we hanged the call. Shruti rose up from her place to go to the washroom.

"Mosquito bite huh?..Lying is not good" I said. "Yudhishtir banna tha toh khud hi bol dete" (If you wanted to be as honest as Yudhishtir then you could have said the truth) .

I never win in word games with her!

Shruti's POV

5 days later.....

It was Kings XI Punjab's first match, against Delhi Daredevils. Kl was nervous. I could understand his nervousness.

I had come to see the match. It was in Delhi, Firoz Shah Kotla.