Chapter Twenty-One

Hello beauties! The awesome banner was made by bookADDICT6, thank you so much!

Please also check out XxThIsAnGeLfELLxX book 'I Bite, You Scream; Now There's No Turning Back'

Chapter Twenty-One

"You want to get something to eat?" Mason asked, but I know he didn't look over at me. I hadn't said anything since we left the woods, instead just keeping my eyes locked on the passing scenery from the window. I had no idea what was going through his mind, but I was thankful he had broken the silence. It wasn't awkward; it just didn't feel right not to speak.

Slowly I turned to face him, he looked tired and he wasn't the only one. Sitting in a warmth, comfy car made my body and eyes heavy. "Hmm?"

"I said do you want to get some food or do you want me to just take you home?" He glanced over at me and saw a small smile playing on my lips. "What?"

"Nothing." I lowered my eyes to my lap and let my hair fall, using it as a wall between us. Feeling that little dip in my stomach when he asked me and the excitement I just couldn't stop bubbling inside of me caused a smile to grace my lips without being able to stop it. "Food sounds good." Actually food sounded more than good, I was starving. Since starting training, I was eating everything.

"I know the best place."

* * *

Twenty minutes later and we pulled up outside the 'best place' according to Mason. "McDonalds?" I questioned. For some reason Mason didn't strike me as a fast food junkie. With the muscles and a body like his I assumed he ate something like fish and vegetables all day, every day.

Shooting me a full, perfect smile that had my insides tighten he nodded his head. "Easily the best place for food after a day of training." Suddenly his smile faltered a little. "Do you want to go somewhere else? I can drive anywhere, you name it."

Truthfully I had already decided what I was going to order. "No, it's fine." I smiled. "Honestly, I want to stay here." I added when he didn't look too persuaded.

My mouth watered at the smell so when I unwrapped the food I had to stop myself from literally stuffing the burger down my throat. "You'll never eat all of that." Mason said, looking at me with a smirk.

The idiot just didn't know how in love I was with food. Especially food that was bad for me.

"Please," Bringing the burger to my mouth, I took a bite of the crappy goodness. "This is more like a snack." I said once I swallowed the mouthful.

Dissolving into laughter, he threw his head back. "Well I guess you'll have room in that stomach of yours for dessert then?"

Oh, yum. "There's always room for dessert." I smiled before tucking into my meal again. Nodding and shooting me a smile, not the usual Jerk-Mason smirk, but a full beaming smile, he did the same.

"Ugh," Looking over at him, I saw his face scrunch up with disgust.

"What's up?"

Shaking his head, he held out his hand. "Pass me your burger." The only look I could give him was one that made me look as if I thought he had gone crazy. As if I was going to hand over my treasure. "Like gherkins?"  

I smiled then quickly set my face into an expressionless mask. "If you don't like gherkins, we can't be friends." I said with the straightest face I could muster.

"What?! It's just green crap that ruins a perfectly good burger." Now I know he was crazy. "You want them?"

Giving him a 'you're-completely-stupid' look, I nodded and held out my food for him.