Chapter Thirty-Two

Please read @Fanganator story guys  http://www.wattpad.com/story/1930602-the-privy-lake-watty-awards-2013

And also a shout out to @AlexPirkle for being absolutely awesome, please check out those stories too =D

This chapter is dedicated to the beautiful and awesome @xo_Lov3Brii for being such a sweetheart who gives me super support with every chapter!

Chapter Thirty Two

"Mom!" What the hell was she thinking?

Jumping up from the couch, Mason's arms wrapped around my waist before I could move anywhere.

"Rain, don't." His voice vibrated against my ear, but I wasn't paying him any attention. My eyes were glued to what was happening in front of me.

Nicky and Alpha Vermont were around my mom in seconds, Nicky holding her back and Alpha Vermont positioning himself in between her and Alpha Tom. "How can you do this to us?" My mom yelled. "I won't let you. I won't let you take our daughter to be killed!"

Her words sent my stomach plummeting to the floor and suddenly it became all too obvious what her outburst was about. This was never going to be the easiest thing to talk about and I had thought my Alpha would have been more understanding of that when he told her.

Obviously not.

With her back to me, I could see her whole frame shaking with anger. Nicky may have towered over her, but that wasn't stopping her from trying to break away from him. "How could you do this?" Swinging her arms out in front of her, Alpha Tom took a step back further away.

I was seconds away from fainting from shock and I was pretty sure it was because of Mason holding me up that I hadn't fallen to the floor yet. "Stop it, mom." Tom may have been a good friend to us, but he was still our Alpha and like any other, he didn't take too kindly to disrespect.

My attention had been so focused on my mom; I hadn't even considered taking in Alpha Tom's expression. Despite his calm, relaxed pose and steady breathing, there was a fire blazing in his eyes. "You know your place in this pack, Louise." There was no blood spilled, but looking at the red shading, there would be one hell of a mark left on his cheek. "I respect you as a member of my pack and as a mother, but Rainie is our Beta and it is her duty to stand beside us in any fight."

There's nothing worse than angering a woman already scorned and that's exactly what he was doing. I could feel the fury his words caused rolling off her in waves, I was sure everyone could. Daring to take a step forward, Mason's arms that were now completely circling my body, tightened.

"Duty?!" She screamed. "She's a sixteen year old girl for goodness sake. It's her duty to go to school, hang out with her friend and go on dates with cute boys, not to die in a fight that has nothing to do with us."

"Louise, you have to understand this isn't easy for any of us." Delilah took a step in front of Tom, probably in an attempt to calm everything. "We've all got children who are going to have to go into this, the best thing we can do is prepare them for what they will face." Her soothing words didn't do anything to ease the unbearable tension in the room, nor did it do anything to calm the raging woman in front of her.

My mom looked just about ready to burst. Her fists were curled at her sides as her shoulders rose and fell with her heavy panting. "Louise, please honey, calm down." My dad looked like he had been punched in the stomach. His face, that minutes ago held a smile, was now scrunched in pain. Rushing across the living room towards her, he pushed Nicky away and immediately wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Please Lou-Lou."