Chapter Twenty-Six

Guys, looking for a new story please read A Wolf in the Night by @SashaWoerth

Dedicated to @BookLover13579 for her awesome book 'Blue Moon' Please check it out!

Chapter Twenty Six

Jude was still asleep when I finally managed to get back to the room so instead of waking him, I left him a note to say I had gone home and I'd call him later to check how Carmen was doing.

It didn't matter how much I tried to figure out what had happened to her, I couldn't. None of it made any sense and it wasn't as if Mason and Jude were forthcoming with their answers. I just couldn't think of a good enough reason to treat a person like that. She couldn't have done anything that bad, could she?

And then there was Mason. My body hadn't stopped tingling and I could still feel the sensation of his hands on me, his skin touching mine and his lips peppering kissing all over my body.

Bad boys should be illegal.

Thankfully I made it home just in time to sneak back up to my room without being caught and killed by my parents. I only had twenty minutes to get ready for school, so after the quickest shower of my life I picked out a pair of dark denim skinny jeans, a tatty old purple tee with my jacket and a pair of blue vans. My hair was beyond help, so instead of wasting time trying to control it, I just twisted it up and secured it with a pencil that I'd no doubt need later.

There was no way Jude would be in school today, so I called Nicky and asked him if he could pick me up. The good thing was that he was very rarely on time for school, so that gave me an extra couple of minutes to grab some breakfast.

Slipping on my jacket and wrapping a scarf around my neck I made my way to the kitchen already being able to hear the hustle of my parents in the morning.

"Rainie, you better hurry if you're going to make it on time." My mom said, glancing down at her watch. "Here, take some." She offered, holding out a plate of toast. Grabbing two slices and shoving one in my mouth, I headed to the fridge.

My dad's eyes lifted over the top of his newspaper, "Sweetheart, you're going to choke if you eat it that fast." His warm chuckle had me smiling with a mouthful of toast. Attractive, I know.

"Oh for the love of Goodness, Rainie close your mouth while you eat." My mom scolded, taking a delicate bite of her own breakfast.

Pouring a glass of orange juice, I lifted myself up on the counter top and swung my legs back and forth as I demolished the rest of my food. "I thought you'd be happy. Think of it this way pops, not only do you get a daughter, but you also kind of get a son with bad eating habits." My dad chuckled; setting his newspaper down on the side he stood and walked towards me.

"You my little flower," He cooed, flicking the tip of my nose with his finger, "are exactly what we wanted, isn't that right, dear?"

My mom looked over and smiled. "Of course, but if she keeps eating like a horse, I'll rethink my answer."

My parents were cheesy, but I loved them.

My mom's eyes settled on mine, her warm smile disappearing and worry lines setting in on her forehead. "Rainie, you haven't spent a lot of time here lately. I know, you're busy with training, but you should rest." Richard obviously hadn't told my parents he had been giving me a break with the training due to my mating problems.

"It's important and we know that, but our baby's wellbeing is more important. Make your mom a happy woman and spend some time at home, okay?" My dad said, gazing at me with a hopeful look.

Jumping down from the counter, I gulped down the last of my drink, "I promise." I left a kiss on my dad's head and my mom's cheek. "Training is making me stronger than I've ever been, but I'll take some time off." In reality I was going to have to start putting more effort into training. Richard had been great, cutting me some slack, but I had to work hard if I wanted to be a good Beta for our pack.