Chapter Nineteen

Hello my beautiful unicorns! Finally a chapter is up. Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to purplepuff for an amazing cover, I absolutely love it! Thank you so much

Chapter Nineteen

Sitting with my legs outstretched in front of me and my head tilted back, I bathed in the warm rays of the early morning sunshine. On the brink of summer, the weather was getting hotter and it was days like this, even though I liked school, I wished I didn't have to go. Instead I wanted to lounge in the garden with a good book and no problems to deal with. Maybe Jude won't turn up. He could forget that he has to pick me up and just make his way to school, that way I would have the perfect excuse not to go. A small smile spread across my face at the thought.

A minute later and that smile quickly turned into a look that resembled something between a grimace and a snarl when I heard the sound of the car horn and saw Jude flashing me his all-American-boy-next-door smile.

"Why are you here?" Was the first thing to come out of my mouth as soon as I had shut the car door. It angered me that Mason had told Jude to pick me up for school and that was only made worse by the fact he had actually listened to him and turned up.

Jude never said anything, but that killer smile was still firm on his lips. I didn't understand any of this. Why would Mason all of a sudden want Jude to be anywhere near me when every other time he has practically torn his neck into shreds?

Folding my arms over my chest, I heaved a sigh of defiance. "I'm not putting my seat belt on unless you tell me why you're here?" Jude released his grip on the steering wheel and turned to face me with a look of amusement.

"Pretty girl," He smiled, looking completely relaxed and as if this was actually fun. Fun my ass. Meanwhile, I had to fight against the shiver that trickled down my spine as his deep, velvety voice called me the little pet name he had for me. "Isn't it obvious, I'm your ride to school?"

Blowing my bangs from my eyes, I stared - well more like glared - at him. "I know that!" I couldn't help myself from snapping at him. Right then I wasn't sure who I was more angry with, Mason for giving out orders or Jude for actually following them. Either way I felt as if I had steam coming out of my ears and right then Jude was the one on the receiving end. "What are you up to?" I accused. "Something is going on, you two hate each other and yet here you are acting like his personal assistant. What the hell is that all about?"

Shrugging, he released his own seat belt and leaned over so that his face was barely an inch away from mine. It felt as if all of the heat had compressed into just the tiny space between us. "Just doing a friend a favour." He winked as his fresh, minty breath fanned my face.

Determined not to lose it, act like a stupid love struck girl and let him see the effect he had on me, I growled and pushed him away. "Since when was Mason your friend?"

Why was he lying to me?

Sucking air in between his teeth, "Okay, so friends may be pushing it, but let's say we agreed to disagree." He shot me another smirk, "For now." 

That was it. All this 'agree to disagree' cryptic crap pushed me over the edge. I guess I didn't really care that Jude was picking me up, what upset me more was the fact he was hiding things from me again after he promised he wouldn't. No one told me what to do so I certainly wasn't going to let two territorial morons think they could.

Without saying a word, I stepped out of the car, swung my bag over my shoulder and slammed the door shut. My wolf didn't like the reaction my body was having. My whole frame was tensed and my shoulders where tight. I couldn't believe he would just sit there and act like this wasn't a big deal. Maybe I was overreacting a little bit, but right now I wasn't in the mood for rationalising my actions, I just wanted the hell away from Jude.