Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

My face hurt.  It actually hurt, to the point where I thought my cheeks were going to tear open.  I hadn't laughed that hard in such a long time.

After everything that had happened lately, Bella decided it was about time we had a 'mateless movie marathon' where we were forbidden to speak about anything mate related.

That was fine by me.

She had even ordered Ray and Emma to act as if they hadn't met. Emma agreed because 'after all it's in aid of Rainie', as she put it. Ray on the other hand wasn't as easy to persuade, but after an hour of moaning and groaning and Bella's threat of cutting off his 'tinkie winkie' he finally gave in.

Nicky had picked out some horrors for us to watch and I had ordered the food, together with every flavored popcorn and drink available. 

I hadn't spoken to or looked in Mason's direction since what happened between us two weeks ago. Sometimes I could swear I felt his eyes on me, but it was probably just my imagination that had me thinking that.  I'll admit at first I was kind of sad at the thought of never speaking to him again.  We may not have known anything about each other and he may have rejected me, but we still shared that bond.  I was still waiting for the 'separation' of our wolves to fully begin and hoping it would speed up, but it hadn't. In fact, it had been having the opposite effect.  Emma said that it was because we had been in more contact so our wolves had grown closer to each other, even if Mason and I hadn't.

Oh joy.

Mason had obviously gotten on with his life pretty well.  How did I know that? I could feel it. Every time he kissed or hooked up with a girl it felt as if my heart was on fire.  It wasn't a feeling I could ever push to the back of my mind and concentrate on something else, so I would have to endure the pain for however long he endured his pleasure.

And let me tell you, sometimes it wasn't just a quickie in the closet.

I had introduced Jude to the guys and they all seemed to get on well.  Nicky was a little curious about him because he was human, but being next in line for Alpha, he wouldn't be very good at his job if he didn't.  Bella practically pounced on Jude the moment she met him - shocker, I know- but was politely turned away by him.  The next day she had set her sights on a senior she had no chance with. The normal for Bella.

"Chocolate and strawberry sauce on popcorn?" Ray's features scrunched up in that of disgust as he watched Jude pour half of the contents over his bowl. "You're just messed up, man."

Jude laughed. "Oh, come on!" He licked the excess sauce of his finger, "How can you not want to try this? It's sex in a bowl."

Boys and their stupid comments.

Jude had officially become the sixth member of our little group and surprisingly he fitted in just fine. He had no idea that we were wolves, but that wasn't something he really needed to know anyway since we had no immediate plans to shift in front of him. He had most of his classes with either me or Ray, he sat with us at lunch and he had even become my chauffeur to and from school. The attention he had on his first day hadn't calmed down. Guys still hated the fact he was hotter than most of them and the girls couldn't understand why he didn't pay them any attention.

"Harper," Jude called, snapping me out of my daydream. "Doesn't this taste like sex in a bowl?" He questioned, giving me that same heart stopping smirk I still hadn't gotten used to. Like usual, he was teasing me. 

I shrugged, popping a piece of chocolate into my mouth. "I wouldn't know, I've never tasted, or had, sex in a bowl before."

"Very funny, smart ass." He flicked a piece of popcorn at me and it landed on my lap.