CHAPTER EIGHT

The one very different thing about La Push High was that despite the grey skies and weary weather the students of the school were the complete opposite

The one very different thing about La Push High was that despite the grey skies and weary weather the students of the school were the complete opposite. It was like the sun was out and there was some kind of event going on, but somehow Juliet knew that it was normal.

All of her nerves settled down at how the atmosphere of the school felt like the one back home. It was refreshing to know that she at least felt a little more in place now," New Girl?" a voice filled her ears as she turned to a shorter girl who was holding a bunch of flyers and books.

Right on cue, the books started to fall and Juliet on instinct caught the falling books before they fell to the wet pavement like it was a natural reflex for her.

"Woah! Nice catch!" The girl grinned as she reached over to steady the books in Juliet's arms, and the girl smiled taking half of the books," I'm Maya Cruz by the way"

"Juliet Michael" once the name reached Maya's ears a huge smile reached her face. She was the girl her cousin Embry was so lovesick about for the past two years. She had almost jumped in excitement meeting Juliet but held back remembering that Seth had told her how she reacted when The Black siblings had revealed knowing Embry.

She didn't want the girl she had been wanting to meet for so long to run away. She was determined to get the two to speak with each other, and hopefully, Embry would imprint on her, just like she had been with Seth.

She was bummed out finding out by Seth that after an hour later of arriving, her and Embry had missed Juliet, but it was a secret they were all keeping from her cousin, not wanting to intervene and allow things to go at their pace.

"Welcome to La Push High, where everything and anything isn't normal" Juliet looked at the small girl trying to see if she was joking but seemed like what she said was completely true. Juliet couldn't help but snicker

"Somehow, I know that is not a joke"

Maya chuckled as she flipped her hair away from her face," I like you Juliet Michael, and someone like you will fit right in this madhouse of a school"

"Really?" Juliet asked as she walked alongside the small girl who hummed and nodded

"The only other new girl this city got was-different" Her voice and face gesture was enough for Juliet to know that she didn't like the 'new' girl she mentioned.

Maya looked over to Juliet as she stopped walking," Trust me, no one can ever beat our dislike for Isabella Swan, I thank the heaven's she didn't come to this school and instead to Forks High. Honestly, I would have liked her if she wasn't so rude to me and my family, but she just acts like there is a stick up her- Basically, she is just problematic, but her Dad is an amazing man, he's the Chief of the Police force, Charlie Swan" Juliet was stuck trying to think what Maya meant "our" for the dislike of the Swan daughter, but just chose to ignore it.

"Oh! Charlie, he actually came to my house for dinner a few days ago, he did mention a daughter, and all he said was that she was always off doing who knows what" Maya laughed knowing what the Swan was most likely with the cold ones.