CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Embry knew Juliet was a nervous wreck since he could hear her heart rate fluctuating

Embry knew Juliet was a nervous wreck since he could hear her heart rate fluctuating. He wanted to bring it up, but then his own heart followed her pace. Though he was for the different reason, and that was he finally decided to tell her about the imprinting. He knew he couldn't avoid it anymore because it was an important matter.

The moment Juliet saw him pull into a dirt path; she took the moment to catch her breath. She was exactly how Embry described as a nervous wreck. She hadn't noticed the sound of the truck turning off since she was counting to herself, and the touch of Embry's hand on her took her out of her thoughts," Hey, you okay?"

She looked at him and forced a smile," Kind of glad I didn't eat anything before this, if I was being honest"

He smiled at her holding her hand in reassurance," You'll be fine, trust me" He said slowly," Once you feel the heat of the campfire, all your nerves will disappear"

She looked at him a little confused at his words," Was that something the elders said often?"

He chuckled at her question and looked like he was thinking," It is, but I can't really describe it well, but there is just this feeling you get when you feel the heat, it's probably a placebo but it can also not be"

He nudged his head to," Let's head out before Maya and Seth pry us out of here, I can feel their burning stares from a mile away" Juliet looked up and snickered immediately seeing the couple looking at them literally bouncing on their feet.

"Okay, Let's do this" She let out a breath and turned to him nodding her head once. He grinned and got out running to her side of the door quickly opening it. She walked by his side with their hands clasped together. "Oh, mind if we speak to Jacob's dad? I need to give him a message from my parents" Juliet looked up to him making him tilt his head," Oh that's right, Maya told me about how two of the elders told them the Legends"

"Yeah" Juliet replied," Trust me, I want to know how exactly they made the elders tell them in the first place"

Maya and Seth quickly made their way over to them," Juliet!" Maya squealed quickly hugging her. "I'm so glad you came," She said looking up to her," The others are not here yet, except for Seth's mom and Jacob's dad" Embry looked over from after playfully shoving Seth since he was teasing him," Really? Not even Sam and Emily are here yet?"

"Nope, they had to do a last-minute errand for my mom, but they should be coming soon," Seth told him as they all walked together, and somehow Juliet and Embry's hands made their way into each other unconsciously.

Embry brought her straight to Billy who was speaking with Sue and both adults turned to them smiling," Hi Welcome, you must be Juliet Michael" Sue said first immediately bringing the young girl into a hug," It is good to have you here"

"Thank you for the warm welcome" Juliet smiled at her and then turned to Billy," My parents wanted to apologize for not being able to come, they both are currently in Seattle for work, and won't be back until probably tomorrow" Embry looked at her surprised at her words.