CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"YOU IMPRINTED ON HER?!" Maya shouted making Embry quickly cover her mouth

"YOU IMPRINTED ON HER?!" Maya shouted making Embry quickly cover her mouth. Despite her mouth being covered by his hand, she was squealing loudly, even if it was late at night.

"Maya! Seriously you can't just yell that especially not here" He scolded her making her whisper apologetically

"Sorry" He sighed throwing himself on his bed, exhausted from patrols since he took over Seth's shift.

"I knew it! I knew it the moment you talked about her years ago!" Maya cheered as she hummed making Embry looked to his ceiling

"Yeah-but she probably wants nothing to do with me"

"Em-Seriously, you gotta stop that, and just literally grow a pear and speak to her" She sat on his bed," Besides, I've only known Juliet for most of today-and...okay don't hate me"

"Maya," He said slowly sitting up," Why would I hate you exactly?" He looked at his cousin who twiddled her fingers

"Seth was actually with me when we went to Juliet's house"

"What?!" He turned to her making her flinch lightly

"Look, okay-some things lead to another, and-Juliet's parents know about the Quileute Legends-"

"What?!!" He said again this time a little higher in tone

"Billy and Harry told them a few years ago-I'm guessing the time you and Juliet met"

"Two of the elders told them? But why? Aren't her parent's novelist?" He asked and Maya nodded her head

"Yeah they are but don't worry, they have a code on to never write anything that dealt with Legends-they respect them to not exploit it"

"From what they said" Embry commented and Maya shook her head

"No trust me Em, Juliet showed us some of their works and just reading the drafts she showed us, is enough to say they don't take what they learn and use them in their stories"

"Doesn't really make any sense to me" He said and she groaned

"Trust me, in fact-" Maya stood up from the bed walking over to her bag and pulled out one of their novels.

"This is pretty much how most of their stories are like," She said opening it," They are mystery novels that make the reader have to actually decipher their own understanding. Their stories are different for every reader, for me-It's all really confusing, but I get the concept of it"

Maya did not mention the part about how Cordelia spoke to her and Seth. It was not in a harsh way, that she knew especially with the Johnathan even saying it. It was really something she came to understand since they were writers, it was only natural for them to see things clearly.

"I think you should talk to Juliet" Maya looked at her cousin," I mean talk to her, and trust me when I say this-When the imprinting does come up-"

"I don't think I'd want to bring it up" Embry mumbled

Maya rolled her eyes," Em, you still like her-and I mean a lot, and something tells me she feels the same. As an imprint myself, I know how tough it is being apart from Seth-You both had something special before the imprinting, and I'm really envious about it considering how it was for me, but Embry you and Juliet just need to cross that wall-Back then the timing was wrong, but the fact that she is back, means the timing must be right this time"

Embry looked at her and nodded, " Fine, I'll talk to her"

Maya smiled and pat his shoulder, " Good because she's a great girl, and it's not just first impressions. You told me about her these past two years, and I'm so glad to finally meet her"