CHAPTER NINETEEN

Juliet quickly turned to Embry who was sprawled on the ground groaning, at the impact

Juliet quickly turned to Embry who was sprawled on the ground groaning, at the impact. She had no nerve in her body to laugh, but she knew if he was someone else, she might just have done that. The only emotion running through her mind was worry as she knelt down to him," Oh my god, Embry, are you okay?"

Embry blinked a couple of times and was so glad that it hurt a lot less then it should have before he phased. It was still slightly painful, but it was nothing compared to being thrown to the tree which had been normal especially training with the pack.

"Yeah," He said getting up, he felt a shock run through his body when Juliet had put a hand on his back to hold him up. She also felt the same shock, but ignored it too focused on Embry's wellbeing," Are you sure? With how hard that impact was, you'd be on your way to the nurse's office"

Embry half smiled," I've got a skull of steel" He joked but slightly flinched when Juliet suddenly pushed his hair away from his face. She had no idea how close of proximities their faces were since she was looking for any injuries that were not existent at all. She furrowed her brows leaning a little closer not believing that he didn't even have a red mark.

He didn't realize he was holding his breath the entire time, until she pulled back with the most confused look on her face," Not a single mark" She said and Embry held back a gulp as she just shook her head and looked at him," Head of steel and Indestructible Skin?" She asked mostly a joke and he let out a fake laugh.

Eventually, after Juliet checked his head a couple more times, the pair of them made way to an empty bench and table.

To say Juliet and Embry were nervous was an understatement, words probably can't describe how both of them are feeling at the moment.

The silence that felt like hours which was only minutes, was finally over when Embry looked at her and spoke," Juliet, I'm so sorry about not showing up, I swear, I did not just leave you stranded"

She looked at him, and knew how genuine his words were, she had the similar ability of her parents being very observant, and she knew from his gesture and eye contact that he was not lying," Will I get to know why you didn't show?"

"Yes-but there will be a lot of things, that'll come along with it. My words will not be enough" He explained. Since Maya had told him about her trip to Juliet's house, he knew he didn't have to worry about her not believing him. It was more of the baggage that came along learning the truth, the danger, the commitment and the trust you'll need to gain from the pack and elders.

She was the first out of the imprints in this generation that had not grown up in the reservations. Also came along, some of the elders who were very hard on 'outsiders' which is the nicest term. The harsher ones are preferred not to be said in general but mainly said under the breath and behind closed doors, which is cruel in a sense, but changing opinions is not easy as they come.

He knew the moment she entered his world, she was going to have to deal with the disorder that came with it all.