CHAPTER SEVEN

"Jules, I want to know something," Her dad asked as she got into the car, and she had the urge to run, knowing what was going to happen

"Jules, I want to know something," Her dad asked as she got into the car, and she had the urge to run, knowing what was going to happen. Her dad's voice was serious, and it meant he was going to bombard her with questions.

She took a deep breath turning to him knowing she had no way out of this," What would you like to know?" Her dad poked her forehead teasingly at her defeated tone.

"Was there someone over summer? I know you avoided the subject every time we tried to ask" It was not that she didn't want to tell them, she never liked hiding anything from her parents, but Embry was a sore topic, but she needed to talk about it eventually.

"Yes dad, there was" She confessed and her dad nodded

"Be honest with me, did us moving here make is worse for you?" She looked at her dad gaping

She shook her head," No, dad, no- Of course not"

"Jules," He said dragging her name and so she told her dad everything that happened two years ago in summer. She obviously left out the mushy details not wanting to tell her own dad about that part.

"So, he didn't show up?" Juliet shook her head and he sighed," You said he was a good person, and I trust your judgement. Jules, I think there is a reason why he didn't show, and I know you think the same, so are you going to give him a chance to tell you?"

She was skeptical about what was his reason, and she knew that his feelings were genuine, sure it might be overconfident of her, but she just knew it was real. So, when he didn't show, yes, she was heartbroken, but the other half of her wanted answers and she was determined to find it.

"Of course, you guys raised me to always give someone the chance to explain their side of the story, and I can't put the blame all on him for not showing up"

"Good" Her dad nodded as he pulled out, the driveway, thankfully, La Push high, was not very far from where they lived, so the little chat with each other wasn't going to make Juliet late for school.

"This Embry fellow, I hope he treats you right" Her dad added making Juliet's face burn

"Dad!" She cried in embarrassment, as he laughed at her. She knew her dad was the biggest supporter in anything romance, in fact, both her parents are probably always the captain of the ship, of whoever showed interest in her.

"If I come home to both you and mom fangirling again, I am so going to give you both the silent treatment for a week" Juliet muttered trying to hide her smile as her dad just laughed. "We love you so much Jules, your happiness is our happiness"

"More like my embarrassment is your happiness" She retorted, spending the rest of the car ride at her dad's constant teasing.

Once she reached the school, she let out a cheer of finally being able to escape her dad, from his tormenting of her love life," Bye dad love you" she waved as she quickly escaped the car.