CHAPTER THIRTY

Juliet had said her farewells to her parents as she ran over to the public transit

Juliet had said her farewells to her parents as she ran over to the public transit. They persisted she'd join them when they spoke with the locals around La Push, but Juliet preferred spending her summer not by her parents' side 24/7.

She had already been in town for a week now, and she had been making the beach or the small local diner the places she'd find herself at the most.

It was one of those rare days Juliet had been anticipating on, which was a sunny one. She knew Forks was known for its dark and dreary rainy weather, so she was taking all the chances she got to enjoy the beach for once without the normal brooding weather-but not that she minded, since after all, the sun was not something she enjoyed all that much.

Once she reached the beach, she saw it was a lot more crowded than usual making her curse silently knowing she should have expected it. She sat on a secluded bench far away from the families and friends gathered all around enjoying their day.

She had kept to herself the entire time, despite her wanting need to just walk at the shore with her feet sink in the wet sand and occasional small tide coming in to wash it off, and the process repeating.

"Don't you want to enjoy the beach like them?" A soft-spoken voice filled her ears, snapping her out of her thoughts. She turned to a tanned male with a thin face and shoulder-length hair who had his hands in his loose jeans pocket and wearing a loose white t-shirt.

She looked at his appearance and unknowingly blurted out her thoughts," I'd say the same, but you look like you aren't dressed for the beach"

Her eyes widen at her words making her facepalm as he laughed," Mind if I join you?" He asked and she nodded lowering her hand

"I'm not dressed for the beach either" She admitted looking down to her casual outfit that most would find far too formal for beach wear.

"You're not from around here, are you just visiting?" He asked making her chuckle

"Is it that obvious?" He looked at her and then snickered

"Not really, but it's the best I got to start a conversation with a stranger" he joked making her laugh.

"Juliet Michael" She introduced herself lifting her hand making him grab it

"Embry Call"

It was their first-time meeting and it was the start of their story, that had grown into the infamous Summer Romance that made them the couple they are today. She was daring and he was shy, and in a way, those roles had sort of switched as they got older, but both of them knew a huge part of them did not change at their first meeting.

Embry had kept to the details of telling the sweet moments whereas Juliet told the embarrassing ones.

Their friends listening to the entire story, which Jacob commented on it being so 'cliché', Aniya describing it 'Sickly Sweet'.

Maya said it was 'Adorable' and Seth adding that it was 'Cute'

Then it ended with a sad departure, which Seth, Jake and Maya knew what it meant. Meanwhile, Aniya had been left out of the loop, which Juliet hated not being able to tell her the entire truth. It was not her secret to tell, that she respected but the feeling of guilt was forming in the pit of her stomach.