CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

The time passed faster for Juliet then she had hoped it wouldn't, regardless of being told by Maya that she was going to be fine, still had her nervous at the end of it

The time passed faster for Juliet then she had hoped it wouldn't, regardless of being told by Maya that she was going to be fine, still had her nervous at the end of it. She looked at the clock on the lone wall, each tick loud to her ears as she tapped her fingers on the table she was sat at.

She was snapped out of her moment by the knocking on her front door. She clumsily got up from the chair almost falling face flat on the floor, hitting her toe on the edge of the table making her swear a beautiful vocabulary of colourful curses.

Embry who was on the other side of the door heard her loud swearing and tried to hold himself back from just rushing in. His worries were cut off when the door had opened to reveal Juliet who was slightly favouring her stance on one leg. He looked down to how she was standing," Are you okay?" He asked eyeing her leg

She chuckled embarrassed," Stubbed my toe" the bitterness clear in her voice as she still felt the heated pain. She always hated the fact that the elbow and the pinky toe were the most painful parts to injure, and with her being the biggest klutz, it was something she dealt with a lot. Embry had no nerve in him to laugh wincing at the mental image knowing the same pain of it.

"Right, so shall we go?" She spoke up looking up at him making him nod almost forgetting why he was even there in the first place

"Can you walk okay?" He asked looking to her as she closed the front door making her chuckle.

"It's settling down," She said walking beside him looking to the front of her to a truck," Oh, isn't that your friends' truck?"

She asked him and he nodded," Yep, It's Paul's, I have a bike but I thought that with how unpredictable the weather is, I prefer being safe than- and Maya wouldn't let me use my bike" The last sentence made Juliet laugh

She got into the truck but not without Embry being the gentleman he was, opening it for her. Once he settled in, she looked at him as he started the vehicle," I been meaning to ask something for a while now, but how come you cut your hair? Was it because of phasing?" She questioned him.

He smiled as he glanced at her slightly not wanting to fully take his eyes off the road," Why? You miss the long hair?" He joked making Juliet roll her eyes

"Be happy this was the question I decided to go with first" She huffed.

He snorted and looked to her since they were at a stop light," Oh there was more to ask? Fire away" He grinned she lightly hit his arm

"First answer that question, then I'll fire away"

"Yes, I guess you can say it had to do with phasing, but if you like the long hair better, I can totally grow it out again even if it's a hassle"

He teased making her counter," You must be waiting for me to say I liked it aren't you"

"Maybe" He responded turning back to the road to drive," Okay, what's the other question?"

"What happens to your clothes when you shift?" Embry stepped on the brakes on that question, luckily there was no car behind them. He looked at her completely taken back and embarrassed, but then saw her face," Something tells me, Maya, already told you the answer to that" He quickly said to Juliet who was wearing a large grin.

She snickered," You really think I wasn't going to ask her that? I mean, unless there is some magic that makes them not tear-which made Maya laugh at my face at that suggestion-then I rest my case."

"You are enjoying this all too much" He declared making her hum in agreement

"You have no idea" Her humming didn't stop making him groan

"Yeah you're enjoying it way too much indeed"