CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Are you sure?" Seth asked Maya since he was the only one who dared to eavesdrop in the conversation

"Are you sure?" Seth asked Maya since he was the only one who dared to eavesdrop in the conversation. He looked at his girlfriend who was keeping her glare on him, still being mad at him.

Reason for their fight was simple; the whole 'don't tell Embry, we saw Juliet at the beach' fiasco.

"I'm still mad at you-but yes, I'm sure that Aniya drew pictures of you and the pack" Maya whispered not wanting the boys to hear them.

"Okay-But none of the boys imprinted on her, so it only makes things even weirder" He declared and Maya rolled her eyes

"Or maybe, because Jake is so caught up on Swan, that it's literally blinding him from imprinting on her" Maya stated

Seth shook his head," No, that's not how it works-Wait, why Jake?" He looked at her for the answer but she just averted her eyes

"Doesn't matter, anyways can you tell Em that I won't be riding with him and Paul after school? I'm going to Juliet's, to hear her parents tell us what they know about the Quileute Legends"

"Are you sure its that legend?" He asked and she gave him a look

"Of course it is, especially since the topic was about wolves, it has to be the same thing"

"So, you want me to tell Embry why you're going to Juliet's? He confirmed and she folded her arms

"On second thought, just tell them, I'm hanging out-don't mention the part of the legend"

"You realize the boys and I can hear each other's thoughts, if I'm on patrol today, they'll find out right away"

Maya groaned and then smirked," Not unless your busy" He looked at her and frowned not liking the look on her face

"No" He quickly rejected but he knew one thing about Maya was that she never took no for an answer.

She kept silent and just stared at him making Seth bounce on his feet impatiently," No, Maya-I can't join you! Embry is already pissed about the whole beach thing, and if he finds out, where I'm going-I really will be killed!"

"Serena won't allow that-besides aren't you curious too about the girls as well? I mean if they really are imprints, then it's important"

"And if they're not, Sam and the boys will have my head" Seth whined but the look on Maya's face already won him over. He couldn't help but be really curious about it since he wanted to find the connections the two females might have with the pack.

If they were imprints, then he knew it was an unspoken rule to protect them. All of them knew if you lost an imprint, you lose a part of themselves entirely and he didn't want any of his brothers to feel that emptiness.

"Fine, deal but what will Juliet say about you inviting me," Seth asked

Maya grinned," Who said I didn't already do that?"

He looked at her and sighed," Forgive me, I forget you're always one step ahead of everything" He replied sarcastically making Maya shove him as he laughed.